• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tour Guide Mike

SLP17

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
I haven't been to Disney World in about 6 years. Since that time a lot has changed! The magic bands are more popular, you can reserve some fast passes ahead of time and not mention all of the new attractions ( pandora, Toy story land etc)!
As a dvc member, I used to travel to Disney every year, but decided to take a break. I know from past experience you have to plan your vacation to Disney. I always used Tour Guide Mike in the past, but it looks like that is no longer an option. Are there any similar planning sites that anyone would recommend?
Disboards has been very helpful for specific questions and topics, but I feel l need a more comprehensive planning tool.
Any help is appreciated!

Hi everyone!
I haven't been to Disney World in about 6 years. Since that time a lot has changed! The magic bands are more popular, you can reserve some fast passes ahead of time and not mention all of the new attractions ( pandora, Toy story land etc)!
As a dvc member, I used to travel to Disney every year, but decided to take a break. I know from past experience you have to plan your vacation to Disney. I always used Tour Guide Mike in the past, but it looks like that is no longer an option. Are there any similar planning sites that anyone would recommend?
Disboards has been very helpful for specific questions and topics, but I feel l need a more comprehensive planning tool.
Any help is appreciated!

EasyWDW and Touring Plans are popular options.

Hi everyone!
Any help is appreciated!
Our trip in 2015 was our first trip that I had to plan without Tour Guide Mike. In fact, I had paid for the subscription and then it just went away. I was in a real panic.

I ended up using a lot of his tips that apparently I memorized after using his website for several previous trips. I got a hold of a crowd calendar from Easy WDW, and the planning began.

Everything turned out very well. I planned this upcoming trip the same way.

Best of luck.

Our trip in 2015 was our first trip that I had to plan without Tour Guide Mike. In fact, I had paid for the subscription and then it just went away. I was in a real panic.

I ended up using a lot of his tips that apparently I memorized after using his website for several previous trips. I got a hold of a crowd calendar from Easy WDW, and the planning began.

Everything turned out very well. I planned this upcoming trip the same way.

Best of luck.
Most of the tips from Tourguide Mike were not valid after fast passes expired and before magic bands and Fastpass Plus. I agree that touring plans and easywdw are great sites to use for planning. Touring plans is a paid subscription but lets you customize your touring plans. Crowd calendars are hit and miss, Easywdw doesn’ t do them anymore for that reason (changing hours frequently, etc,)

The main thing if you can do it is to hit rope drop, you get more done in the first couple of hours than the rest of the day.

If you are staying onsite, you can book 3 FP 60 days in advance for the length of your stay (you have a better chance for FOP 60+3 than 60). For off-site, you can book 30 days ahead of time.

Read the boards for hints or for advice on your plans. You’re ahead of the game already because you know you need a plan! You’ll have a great trip, just don’t sweT the small stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter