Tough Question

Pat_Elliott

<font color=blue>Kimberly's proud papa!</font><br>
This is a tough one, I can't find the answer via Internet research...

Is there anywhere one can find a list of hospitals along the I95 corridor? Or will I need to do it exit by exit? I'm taking a pregnant wife in month six and the doctor has suggested (for good reasons I won't get into here) that while we'll never need it, it would be nice to have the information.

Please tell me such a list exists..

Pat

I'm sure if you check with AAA, even on their website you can get maps with it marked out or a Trip-tik on the internet.

If you can't get a good list any where else - you could put out a call here on the boards. I can tell you that in Central Virginia you can reach Mary Washington Hospital from the Route 17 Falmouth Exit. About halfway between Washington DC and Richmond. :D Good Luck.

If you have a cell phone you can always call 911. Tell them what exit you just passed and they should be able to direct you to the nearest hospital. Dialing 911 will connect you to the closest town's 911 service. It will not connect to your hometown's system.

Also since you may have special needs when you arrive the 911 operator can call ahead and let them know to be expecting you.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Tried AAA, they're looking into it for me. And I wouldn't got to the corner store during DW's late pregnancy without a cellphone. But while waiting to hear from AAA, I found my own answer, I hope.

A company called start systems puts out a book, Item Title: I-95 Exit Information Guide - 5th Edition, which appears to have, in addition to hospital availability by exit, most every tidbit about I95 you'd ever need, want, or put up with. Anyone ever heard of this book? It's twelve bucks delivered, so I figured what the heck..

Pat

Since you'll have a cell phone 911 or even a call to your insurance company might work out.

Depending on the medical situation you might want/need police assistance in getting to the hospital.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter