TOTW

caseyem67

PrincessKelly
Can I go to TOTW with my DVC membership if I am not staying at a Disney resort?

Along same line, we want to do a monorail bar crawl but are not staying at a Disney resort. Where can I park?

You have to be staying on property to go to TOTWL. You can park at the TTC to do the monorail crawl as they are strict at all those resorts for parking, even if you were on property

I assume I have to pay for parking at TTC?
Parking at the TTC is free for those staying at a Disney owned and operated resort at WDW and for WDW Annual Passholders. All others would need to pay to park.

Apologies if I have it wrong, but I thought I remembered that you needed to be staying on Disney property with a DVC resort reservation using points to be eligible to get to TOTW lounge. Can blue card members actually access it without a DVC points reservation (like the OP seems to be asking)? I know things have been changing for stuff like this - frequently.

Apologies if I have it wrong, but I thought I remembered that you needed to be staying on Disney property with a DVC resort reservation using points to be eligible to get to TOTW lounge. Can blue card members actually access it without a DVC points reservation (like the OP seems to be asking)? I know things have been changing for stuff like this - frequently.

You still need to be on property to go to the lounge.

You still need to be on property to go to the lounge.
Does "be on property" include guests staying on cash? Or does it have to be a DVC reservation booked with points?

This is getting confusing.

Well I just double checked the info on Member Site… still confused .

Last edited:
With the new event, they specifically allow parking at BLT to visit the TOTWL. I assume you have to have a reservation to get past the guard shack.

Does "be on property" include guests staying on cash? Or does it have to be a DVC reservation booked with points?

For just visiting, it’s either. For the special events, you may need to be staying using your membership.

If you'd prefer inconvenience to paying for parking, you could do Disney Springs parking and take a bus to any of the monorail resorts.

When I was at BLT in late September, I was told that I could not go up to TOTWL unless I (a) had a reservation, or (b) was there (at BLT - by the TOTWL elevator) at precisely 5:15 (or maybe 5:30) to sign up for available space to go up. Blue card required. I was staying on points - I don't remember asking if others could access...

Has anyone heard something different?

You have to be staying on property to go to TOTWL. You can park at the TTC to do the monorail crawl as they are strict at all those resorts for parking, even if you were on property
I'm not sure the CM's know the current rules. We were staying off site last month and my wife brought her dad up for drinks and dinner at the bar with no issues.
Just showed her virtual card.

Just an observations - isn't this thread kind of an example of why Disney communication needs to be better?! We're smart, Disney people on this site, and we can't figure out something as simple as who can visit TOTW right now. It should not be so confusing, or so difficult to find the right, consistent answer - for guests or CMs!!! Sorry for the sidebar......

I'm not sure the CM's know the current rules. We were staying off site last month and my wife brought her dad up for drinks and dinner at the bar with no issues.
Just showed her virtual card.
Exceptions do always happen, but the rules state you need to be on property.

So, I certainly would not go there expecting to get in if I wasn’t stay onsite.

We were allowed up just to go for fireworks viewing outside on the terrace, they were having a paid event inside the lounge so they set up a portable bar you could get a drink at. The other time we went at thanksgiving we put our name on a list to get a seat inside but we’re let up to view fireworks while waiting for a table or spot at the bar to open up. We only go when staying onsite so I can’t speak to whether you need to be staying at a WDW resort. They did only ask to see the digital DVC card verification so they wouldn’t be able to tell where you were staying from that.

Our experience last week was this: we were staying at BLT on points but wanted to check out the "new" TOTW lounge.

Around 6pm we put our name on the waitlist for "first available seat". Only thing required was the "virtual" card to prove DVC eligible. She didn't ask where we were staying and I doubt she verified it from that.

Around 30 minutes later we got the text that we could go up. We did, sat at the bar, enjoyed some apps and drinks, then left. I stopped by to ask if we could view the Christmas fireworks (10pm that night) and she told me to just come back at 9:30pm.

We probably returned around 9:40pm...don't think she even verified anything then (but she may have just remembered us) and she sent us right up. No crowd up there, wasn't the best weather night but wasn't horrible, it was great to see the holiday fireworks from there!

were going to be there the end of Jan and have always liked going to TOTW tower to watch the fireworks

last time we were there was Jan of 20 just before the world shut down so can we go there just to watch the fireworks without having a reservation for the lounge we are DVC staying on points at poly

anything special we have to do or is it back to normal times--just show up and the CM gets you in the elevator

I dont know why they make this all so complicated now its like a game with winners and losers

were going to be there the end of Jan and have always liked going to TOTW tower to watch the fireworks

last time we were there was Jan of 20 just before the world shut down so can we go there just to watch the fireworks without having a reservation for the lounge we are DVC staying on points at poly

anything special we have to do or is it back to normal times--just show up and the CM gets you in the elevator

I dont know why they make this all so complicated now its like a game with winners and losers

You just need to be eligible…have DVC Y on your card…and go. The only thing is that they have paid events which limits the number of guests who can go up to visit the lounge,

If you show up and it’s full, they put you on a waitlist and text when you can go up. If you only want to see fireworks, just show up shortly before and it sounds like you can go up without an issue.

facebook twitter