• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Totally confused on Disney resorts

kruggel2004

HAKUNA MATATA
Hi everybody..I am planning a trip at the end of September to the beginning of October for my husband and I..First year anniversary..This will be my second time going to DW..I love it..but I am totally confused on all the discount codes, reservations etc..I joined AAA because I saw all the sites which said that was the best way to get a discount..Now I'm finding sites which says that's not true..and what is the deal with Swan and Dolphin?..How different is it from the actual Disney resorts?..It sounds like you get the same perks and it's a deluxe hotel. My husband and I really would like to stay at one of the deluxe hotels but we are getting completely overwhelmed on what the best route to take is. Last time we went through Expedia but didn't stay on the resort..Can someone please help this poor unfortunate soul who is completely lost among the disney confusion?.. :flower: :flower:

Do yourself a favor and go purchase a guidebook such as the Unofficial Guide or the Passporter. I recommend the Passporter.

Thanks for the advice..I have already purchases the unofficial guidebook to WDW and if anything it made me even more confused with all the different discount options/codes/memberships etc..There has to be an easier way to figure this out..Or maybe I'm making this too hard..

Also, keep reading these boards daily and also check out www.mousesavers.com. You have a few months before you have to book, so check out all of your options. If the Swan/Dolphin discounts for teacher/nurse/Govt.Employee apply to you, it might be a good way to go if you really want a Deluxe. We stayed there once about 10 years ago for a convention and it was pretty nice. Not quite enough Disney Magic for me personally, but a lot of people on these boards really love them.
Good Luck!

Maybe make a list of what you like to do and what you like at Disney. For example if you like animals a lot and would like to see them every day, consider the Animal Kingdom Lodge...

Do you want a "beach" at the hotel to hang out at? Do you want a monorail access at your hotel?

I've never stayed at the Swan or Dolphin so I cant answer your questions there.

Also, your budget might be a consideration, some Deluxes are more money than others.

Personally, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter