Toronto Outlet Malls

DLFan

Earning My Ears
I will be attending a conference in Toronto next week and I am hoping to fit in some shopping. I am planning on going to Eaton Centre, but I was wondering if there are any outlet malls in downtown Toronto. Also, I will be going to the Disney Store (I am excited as there is no Disney Store anywhere near where I live), but are there any Disney outlet stores in Toronto?

Thanks in advance!

DLFan said:
I will be attending a conference in Toronto next week and I am hoping to fit in some shopping. I am planning on going to Eaton Centre, but I was wondering if there are any outlet malls in downtown Toronto. Also, I will be going to the Disney Store (I am excited as there is no Disney Store anywhere near where I live), but are there any Disney outlet stores in Toronto?

Thanks in advance!
There are no outlet malls in downtown Toronto (only in the suburbs) but there is a Disney store (not outlet)in Eaton Centre

The two outlet malls around (and neither are in Toronto, just GTA) are:
Dixie Outlet Mall
http://dixieoutletmall.shopping.ca/cambridge/jsp/index_flash.jsp
and Vaughan Mills
http://www.vaughanmills.com/static/node959.jsp;jsessionid=apxtuCLtm8FfgEkA-Y

I actually consider Vaughan Mills to be more upscale than outlet. It does have a Disney Outlet store, but I have found it to be more expensive than the regular stores. For example, a few weeks back when all the stores were running their summer clearance with all items an additional 50% off, Vaughan Mills only offered an additional 25% off the same items :confused3

I think you're better off just looking for sales at the Eaton Centre. Just as an FYI, there are three other Toronto malls with Disney Stores. They are all in the subburbs, but all directly on the subway lines: Scarborough Towne Centre, Fairview Mall, and Yorkdale Mall. I like Scarborough Towne because they also have a Dollarama which sometimes has cheap Disney stuff :thumbsup2

You can also hit the "Fashion Distrcit". There a plenty of stores along Queen Street. Then you can also go along Spadina. Then there is Kensignton Market for some bargain shopping. These are all within walking distance.

j

In response to the fact that the VM disney store was more expensive than then the others, I need to defend my store a little. It wasn't something we were happy about but the reasoning behind it was, that all the stores in Canada, have to ship their clearance merchandise to us and the company knew that that would be too much for us to handle. It would also, take away sales from all the other stores. Now, that the stores have finished shipping everything and have finished their 50% off sale, we have further markdowns and are continuing our 25% off promotion. As well, if you shop at Disney Store alot you may have recieved a 15% coupon in the mail that you can use on top of the promotion. So, yes, in that one circumstance we didn't have AS cheap a price as the regular stores but for the remaining 10 months we do. We also, would honour the price if it was that much of an issue.

Exp.626Stitch said:
In response to the fact that the VM disney store was more expensive than then the others, I need to defend my store a little. It wasn't something we were happy about but the reasoning behind it was, that all the stores in Canada, have to ship their clearance merchandise to us and the company knew that that would be too much for us to handle. It would also, take away sales from all the other stores. Now, that the stores have finished shipping everything and have finished their 50% off sale, we have further markdowns and are continuing our 25% off promotion. As well, if you shop at Disney Store alot you may have recieved a 15% coupon in the mail that you can use on top of the promotion. So, yes, in that one circumstance we didn't have AS cheap a price as the regular stores but for the remaining 10 months we do. We also, would honour the price if it was that much of an issue.

Sorry to offend :blush: For me , it's not worth the trip. I'd rather wait for the sales at the regular stores. I do have the 15% off coupon and you can use it at any store.

I just don't want people to think VM is like the outlet stores in Florida. I think at least 50% of your merchandise is regular-priced, same as the other stores :confused3

As an OT... because I do love the Disney Store... any idea when the back-to-school backpacks will go on sale? I know they usually are 25% off before school, but I was at VM last week (see I do go sometimes :) ) and they were still regular-priced at $24.50.

I was totally not offended but I also, didn't want people to think our store is MORE expensive than the rest.

The Backpacks are flying off our shelves at regular price, so I can't see them going down till right before back-to-school. For example, when we receive the cars backpack and lunchtote it sells out in MINUTES!!!! it's crazy :crazy:

Thanks so much for the great info everyone. I won't have much time to shop, so I think I will stick with the Disney store at the Eaton Centre.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter