Topolinos no longer allows more than one entree?

I’m paying cash for 2 rooms at the Portofino next month for a portion of my vacation when I could use points for same. We’ve never done that before. And we are a group that Disney has been actively courting.

But everyone is entitled to their view obviously. I can only speak for myself. For me it’s death by a thousand cuts (park reservations, diminishing experiences) that is making it hard to convince my husband and family (I’m still decently a fan girl).
I'm not insensitive to the changes. And I'm not a fan of them. But I understand the economic factors behind them. A thousand paper cuts sting, mainly for those who are used to what once was. Newer families have no clue what they're missing. My point is, Disney's fanbase likely grows faster then it loses. For every fan threatening to leave, there are two new ones ready to take their place. For Disney, it's simply a numbers game. If people continue to come, in spite of these negative changes, they have every reason to offer less and charging more. Just curious. Why are you paying cash at Portofino when you could use points?

If the menu went a la carte then they would remove the characters ...

Please and thank you

Disney won't do it though because people way overpay for mediocre food because of it.

The epitome of “this is why we can’t have nice things”, yikes.

That whole meal likely cost Disney $20 max to make and charged that family of 4 $200 for the meal. Breakfast is by far the cheapest meal to make.

Main course of an omelet is like $2 in ingredients then you have a waffle which is like $0.50 or something.

I think I still want to try their dinner

Dinner is good and actually in the realm of an okay price for a Disney dinner.

Have a reservation during firework time. I assume you can see them?
Don't go for fireworks its an okay view but Epcot is essentially a show you need to see inside the park.

I just can’t understand how they will get away with people being happy paying $45 for a waffle or fruit plate.
Disney is all burn and churn baby. They don't need to make you happy these days because they think they can get another suck I mean customer tomorrow.

We just dined at Topolino's breakfast on Friday. We did many character meals during the week**, and Topolino's was my favorite. I really like the table service vs buffets or family style dining. The character interactions were very good. All of us had different entrees and all had enough to eat. We did pay the extra $29 for our two year old to eat. He actually ate more than his 4 year old sister :)

The cast member asked when we were last at Topolino's breakfast (which was March 2022) and clearly outlined the changes. They have increased the portions on many entrees (three waffles instead of 2, eggs can be added to steak entree, a side can be added to avocado toast, etc.). I had the quiche and there was nothing added, but it was more food than I could eat anyway. My daughter had bacon added to her avocado toast entree and my son and husband got eggs added to their steak meal. We asked for and got a second basket of pastries (we had seven people and one wasn't enough) and that was all we needed. We asked if our two year old could have more blueberries since he was loving them (and we paid $29 for his meal!) and she cheerfully brought out a small bowl of them.

I will go again in a heartbeat! I still sigh when I recall our grandson running to hug Mickey and squealing.

**Other character dining we did: Garden Grill, Akershus, Hollywood & Vine, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace

We just dined at Topolino's breakfast on Friday. We did many character meals during the week**, and Topolino's was my favorite. I really like the table service vs buffets or family style dining. The character interactions were very good. All of us had different entrees and all had enough to eat. We did pay the extra $29 for our two year old to eat. He actually ate more than his 4 year old sister :)

The cast member asked when we were last at Topolino's breakfast (which was March 2022) and clearly outlined the changes. They have increased the portions on many entrees (three waffles instead of 2, eggs can be added to steak entree, a side can be added to avocado toast, etc.). I had the quiche and there was nothing added, but it was more food than I could eat anyway. My daughter had bacon added to her avocado toast entree and my son and husband got eggs added to their steak meal. We asked for and got a second basket of pastries (we had seven people and one wasn't enough) and that was all we needed. We asked if our two year old could have more blueberries since he was loving them (and we paid $29 for his meal!) and she cheerfully brought out a small bowl of them.

I will go again in a heartbeat! I still sigh when I recall our grandson running to hug Mickey and squealing.

**Other character dining we did: Garden Grill, Akershus, Hollywood & Vine, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace
Sounds very much like they have made the proper adjustments while sticking to the concept it should have had all along. Seems like you got clear parameters of all you can order, kept it simple. Good news I think.

We ate here today and it wasn't for us. Part of it was that they couldn't really accommodate a soy allergy, so there just wasn't much food they could offer. The 'pastries' were a tiny plate of one-bite allergy friendly cookies. The potatoes were not good. The couldn't do the sausage and replaced it with fruit, but it was literally half a strawberry, 2 grapes, and a few blueberries. My husband who does not have any allergies left hungry too. Kids were indifferent. Characters were super rushed. We got ronto wraps afterwards and they were honestly more flavorful than the breakfast was. I was disappointed, especially for the price. Disney usually does allergies really well and all of our other table service meals were great.

I wanted to add this here because I had been watching this thread about portion sizes and making changes to meals. If we had been able to order a big plate of fruit (or if they had allergy friendly rolls) it would've been a little better.

I am so happy to read this!!! I was starting to worry reading the previous posts on this thread but this makes me happy because I love the steak entree but I would not want just steak for breakfast and last time I was there they allowed me to add on eggs so I am happy this will still be the case !

We ate here today and it wasn't for us. Part of it was that they couldn't really accommodate a soy allergy, so there just wasn't much food they could offer. The 'pastries' were a tiny plate of one-bite allergy friendly cookies. The potatoes were not good. The couldn't do the sausage and replaced it with fruit, but it was literally half a strawberry, 2 grapes, and a few blueberries. My husband who does not have any allergies left hungry too. Kids were indifferent. Characters were super rushed. We got ronto wraps afterwards and they were honestly more flavorful than the breakfast was. I was disappointed, especially for the price. Disney usually does allergies really well and all of our other table service meals were great.

I wanted to add this here because I had been watching this thread about portion sizes and making changes to meals. If we had been able to order a big plate of fruit (or if they had allergy friendly rolls) it would've been a little better.
This is a real shame. I have a different top 8 allergy (tree nuts) but tbh if I had paid as much as this place costs and had this kind of meal I would be speaking to someone. There is really no excuse for giving allergy guests a subpar experience like this and the opposite of what is promised. Even at the Poly, macadamia nut central, I have never left a meal hungry and they have always been extremely accommodating. If you’re still on property I would go to guest services. They need the feedback so the next allergy family isn’t done this way. Very glad I canceled our ADR for my birthday in favor of lunch at Garden Grill.

This is a real shame. I have a different top 8 allergy (tree nuts) but tbh if I had paid as much as this place costs and had this kind of meal I would be speaking to someone. There is really no excuse for giving allergy guests a subpar experience like this and the opposite of what is promised. Even at the Poly, macadamia nut central, I have never left a meal hungry and they have always been extremely accommodating. If you’re still on property I would go to guest services. They need the feedback so the next allergy family isn’t done this way. Very glad I canceled our ADR for my birthday in favor of lunch at Garden Grill.
I ended up sending them an email. We also ate at Garden Grill and I think it was the favorite meal of the trip. We preferred the characters there as well because they spent more time with the kids and came around multiple times.

I let guest services know about the lack of allergy options, but also that my husband, who didn't need any accommodations felt his meal portion was really small as well. Normally I wouldn't complain about something like that, but it was a lot of money to need to go to a QS for food right after.

Will they bring you extra pastries if you ask? When we went a couple weeks ago they only put one of each pastry in our basket for two of us, even though there were three of us eating as my 3.5 yr old son was eating. I didn’t have time to ask for extras though as our entrées came out so quickly.

Will they bring you extra pastries if you ask? When we went a couple weeks ago they only put one of each pastry in our basket for two of us, even though there were three of us eating as my 3.5 yr old son was eating. I didn’t have time to ask for extras though as our entrées came out so quickly.
Yes they’ll bring you more pastries. Our most recent visit we asked for a second basket and they brought it out no issue

Wanted to check in on this thread as I had been monitoring it leading up to my trip. Having never been to Topolino's before, I was very impressed yesterday! I was surprised that there were many open tables while we were there (9:05 reservation).

We were served two buckets of pastries upon sitting down with our family of 5. The food portions were great. I had three sour cream waffles and three slices of breakfast ham as my side. I consider myself a pretty big eater, and I was very content with the portions. The special "Disney juice" (I can't remember the name of it) was delicious, too.

The character interactions were terrific, and they came along at a steady pace. It was our last day of the trip, and my middle child was getting emotional and was tearing up but very quiet as we were leaving breakfast knowing that we were heading home in a few hours. Minnie spotted her from several feet away as she was moving between tables and ran over and grabbed her and gave her an extra big hug. ::MinnieMo:love:

It was a 10/10 experience for us all-around, so if you've been on the fence because of these changes, I'd strongly encourage you to stick with it and give it a try.

I ended up sending them an email. We also ate at Garden Grill and I think it was the favorite meal of the trip. We preferred the characters there as well because they spent more time with the kids and came around multiple times.

I let guest services know about the lack of allergy options, but also that my husband, who didn't need any accommodations felt his meal portion was really small as well. Normally I wouldn't complain about something like that, but it was a lot of money to need to go to a QS for food right after.
Did guest services respond and did they do anything?

We had breakfast this morning. Service and food were outstanding. The pastries were good and plentiful. Coffee strong and delicious. Characters awesome.

We all ordered the traditional eggs, meat, and potatoes plate. The waiter told us to instead get the steak and add bacon as an extra side (no charge). We ended up with steak, polenta, scrambled eggs, and bacon. It was a ton of food and none of us finished including DH who has a big appetite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter