Topolino's for kids

Dicentras

Mouseketeer
Is it weird that the menu doesn’t have kid friendly options? Will they add them as it gets closer to opening, or is this not going to be a kid-friendly restaurant?

The menu looks delicious to me. I can't imagine in what way it would be considered unfriendly to children. As always, if someone in your family doesn't care for the available choices, there are lots of other restaurants with different styles of food. And chefs of nicer restaurants are usually happy to customize a dish if it contains ingredients you can't have or don't want.

The menu looks delicious to me. I can't imagine in what way it would be considered unfriendly to children. As always, if someone in your family doesn't care for the available choices, there are lots of other restaurants with different styles of food. And chefs of nicer restaurants are usually happy to customize a dish if it contains ingredients you can't have or don't want.

Oh, I agree - It looks amazing for me, as an adult. I just can't see my 7 year old being excited by it though. Since we will be staying there, I had hoped to have table choices everyone would enjoy at the resort. I hate being the person that requests special accommodations - I want to be respectful of how busy the kitchen must be, so that is why I appreciate if kid friendly stuff is already on the menu, you know?

I saw that too. The food options for me and dh sound great but knowing my kids (Disney adults) would have no alternatives on their radar makes it a no go for us. For me even if they had more kid friendly options, it’s not worth the $$ to pay for that type of food.

I guess I just don't understand what you mean by "kid-friendly." Some kids like some foods, and other kids like others, just like adults. You can't please every guest's taste without having an extensive menu, and Disney restaurants feed too many people per hour for that to be efficient. I do sympathize; I usually go with a really small groups of two or three, so we're usually able to find a restaurant we all like. So, we have it a lot easier than a larger family.

I guess I just don't understand what you mean by "kid-friendly." Some kids like some foods, and other kids like others, just like adults. You can't please every guest's taste without having an extensive menu, and Disney restaurants feed too many people per hour for that to be efficient. I do sympathize; I usually go with a really small groups of two or three, so we're usually able to find a restaurant we all like. So, we have it a lot easier than a larger family.

What I mean is that almost every other sit down restaurant (except for V&A, I believe) at WDW, has a kid section on their menu. I'm just surprised this one doesn't, considering it's going to have characters for breakfast.

True yes some kids just like adults like more exotic different foods but when people say “kid friendly” they are usually describing burger pizza hot dogs nuggets and the like. Food for a more typically plain preference palette. It’s Disney and kids are everywhere but maybe the goal of this restaurant is not to have a lot of children. Some restaurants at Disney just don’t have as many children as others because of their menu offerings and price.

You are so right. I took my DD out to dinner with some friends from work (their idea) when she was only 3. She sat with me and ate my mussels! Then when she was in grade school, probably 4th or 5th grade, I took her and 3 of her closest friends to a neighborhood restaurant for her birthday. I told them they could order whatever they wanted so what did they all want? King crab legs! This just shows that while some kids won't eat anything but burgers, chicken nuggets and mac & cheese, others have an appetite for much more adventurous foods. The answer is to choose a restaurant that best suits your own family.

I looked at the menu and, regardless of "friendly," I don't see any kind of "kid's menu" listed at all, even with smaller portions of the adult dishes.

I'll chime in though, as an adult with no kids, I'm seeing things I'd like to try. Eager to hear reviews when it opens.

We have Christmas eve reservations there, which is the week it opens. I have a 10, 7, and 2 year old. I assumed they just had not posted the kids menu options, as they had not posted prices yet either.

I would expect a normal adult menu. Usually basic kids choices and hopefully a couple good selections. Just like most ts places

I looked at the menu and, regardless of "friendly," I don't see any kind of "kid's menu" listed at all, even with smaller portions of the adult dishes.

That’s where my hang up would be in booking this. My son will eat a wide variety of things, but not an adult portion. I wouldn’t pay for an adult portion for a preschooler.

Does it really have to be explained what was implied as “kid friendly”? First thing I thought of was kids menu, but hey I’m a pretty sharp person. 😜

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter