Top of the world bar reopen date?

WBogley

Earning My Ears
Hi,
Any idea when the top of the world lounge might reopen? We will be at bay lake tower in March and was hopeful it would be open.

thanks.

There is no announced date. Given the space, distancing is harder there, and so making the breakeven is going to be more challenging with a capacity limit.

I would not expect them to open until MK has fireworks again.

I doubt it will be open by March.

I would think it wouldn't be in to the back half of 2021 and limited in what they offer and how many people they let in.

I can DVC taking that away from us now like the ATTIC at BWV . They can use it receptions. Meetings and whatever.

Once things get back to "normal" I can see them closing it off for free. New entrance fee and drink minimum. Fireworks package. BLT owners can carry on like normal. Top of the world is my favorite perk so I expect it to go away soon.

With it closed, where is the best place to get a good view of MK from BLT? We’re new DVC members staying at BLT for the first time in two weeks, but we have a standard view room. I’d love someplace to go visit and see the view.

Note: we don’t have ADRs at California Grille and it’s too late (& aren’t up for it). Is there another lounge or viewing area?

With it closed, where is the best place to get a good view of MK from BLT? We’re new DVC members staying at BLT for the first time in two weeks, but we have a standard view room. I’d love someplace to go visit and see the view.

Note: we don’t have ADRs at California Grille and it’s too late (& aren’t up for it). Is there another lounge or viewing area?
The viewing deck at the north end of the Contemporary, located on the same level as the bridge between buildings, has a nice view of the MK. It's pretty at night. There are a few benches out there to sit on and enjoy the view of the MK and the monorail.

There's a viewing deck off the main concourse level of the Contemporary. The last time I was there, it was also a smoker's area, which really put a damper on staying there for any significant time for my wife and I. The music is piped in.

I prefer the bridge between BLT and Contemporary for a view of the fireworks. No music piped in there, although you can hear it from all the places that broadcast it in the area.

Note that these locations, and TOTWL give fireworks views, not views of the castle projections. With the current show, those projections make up a large portion of the show. To see them properly, you need to be in the park, or just outside the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter