Top 3 songs that hit you with a wave of nostalgia every time you hear them?

Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve
Disarm & 1979 - The Smashing Pumpkins
Cumbersome - Seven Mary Three
Last Day With Mary Jane - Tom Petty
November Rain - Guns & Roses
Rooster - Alice In Chains
Califorication - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Amber - 311

Gosh and so much more from Madonna, Janet Jackson, Seal, Dave Matthews Band, etc. Music is my sanctuary and life.

Last edited:
We’ve got tonight - Bob Segar - and the one who got away

Summer of 69- Bryan Adams- and feeing young, alive and free

Living on a Prayer- Bon Jovi- and a dear friend’s last summer before she lost her battle with Leukemia.

Sweet cherry wine - no idea the artist- but my parents would have that cranking on the record player when I was growing up.

So many memories.

Seals and Crofts songs - remind me of summers growing up.

Diamond Girl

Summer Breeze

Hummingbird

We May Never Pass This Way Again

Wow! My sister and I were listening to Seals and Crofts tonight and saying the exact same thing! Totally transports me to childhood summers. She was saying how when she was a tween/teen, she and her friends listened to Summer Breeze over and over and over again because they were trying to write down the lyrics and they just couldn't get one line. They had to keep rewinding and replaying! No Google!

Puff the Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul and Mary. My husband mocks me out because he says it’s a marijuana song, :rolleyes: but it brings me to tears every single time I hear it, because my dad used to sing it and play guitar. Dad is still with me, but I know he won’t always be. The line that gets me is, “A dragon lives forever, but not so little boys...”

At This Moment by Billy Vera. I had been affected by that song when I was younger and it was on the show Family Ties. About 5 years later, my high school boyfriend broke up with me. I heard it on the radio on my drive home, and I had to pull over my car and sob my heart out. I still think of that whenever I pass that particular stretch of road.

In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel. My wedding song.

Well different songs for different times:

Joy to the World (3 Dog Night) Sweet and Innocent (Donny Osmond and Gypsies Tramps and Theives (Cher)
were the favorite songs to play on the juke box at my grandparents’ hamburger joint. It was frequented by the younger national guardsmen that were here for summer camp. Those songs take me back to the summers around the place and hanging out with my grandparents.

High School. Anything Bee Gees from the Friday night dances after the football games. And 3 Times a Lady (Thw Commodores) was “our song” for me and my high school bf.

From my 20’s, Amarillo By Morning (George Strait). Dh and I two stepped to that song many times and because he was a rodeo cowboy.

Centerfield (John Fogerty) reminds me of all those summers on the bleachers watching ds play centerfield. I hear that song and can just feel, hear and smell the ballpark.

elo - mr blue sky (reminds me of my uncle. Rip. Blasting it in the garage. Now also groot comes to mind)

Can’t take my eyes off you (watched a rented vhs tape of 10 things I hate about you 8 times within a couple days as a teen. Wedding song)

Rihanna - we found love (looking for fun songs for the wedding. Years after, it came on the radio whilst driving and I became overwhelmed with emotion and started to cry! Found out I was pregnant with my second)

Last edited:
I feel like I won't be able to contain myself to three...I'm putting aside all music that reminds me of my dad in terms of nostalgia - jazz, musical theater, etc - big influence in my musical education/love and fills me with nostalgia, but for the purposes of this question...

U2 - "Gloria" - Reminds me of walking to my friend's house in a big group in Jr. high to watch MTV - first music that I loved that was NOT influenced by my older siblings - not to disparage all the music my older sibs introduced me to...

Van Halen - "Ain't Talking About Love"/"Feel Your Love Tonight" - every high school party I ever attended*...

Dave Mason - "We Just Disagree" - Fills me with nostalgia for the beach resort restaurant that I worked at for summers all through high school/college. They were like a family to me and we still keep in touch. They played easy 70's hits in the dining room, like this song, however, I could substitute Gordon Lightfoot, Seals and Crofts, Tavares, etc., hard to pick one...

*So, funny story...my daughter has me watching this kids' Baking Championship with Valerie Bertinelli as a judge. One Episode, Valerie mentioned Wolfie, and my daughter was like, "Who's Wolfie??" so I tried to explain Valerie's tv career/marriage to Eddie Van Halen - who my daughter had been listening to with me for many years. Mind blown!

We’ve got tonight - Bob Segar - and the one who got away

Summer of 69- Bryan Adams- and feeing young, alive and free

Living on a Prayer- Bon Jovi- and a dear friend’s last summer before she lost her battle with Leukemia.

Sweet cherry wine - no idea the artist- but my parents would have that cranking on the record player when I was growing up.

So many memories.

We’ve Got Tonight was the first song I ever danced to - my friend Lisa, who unbeknownst to me until that night had a crush on me. 1980ish. We never did date, but we’re still friends all these years later :)

Dave Mason - "We Just Disagree" - Fills me with nostalgia for the beach resort restaurant that I worked at for summers all through high school/college. They were like a family to me and we still keep in touch. They played easy 70's hits in the dining room,

Oh I loved that song, forgot all about it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter