Tooth Fairy at the World

necopup

Earning My Ears
My daughter is on the verge of losing her first tooth. We're going to Disney on Thursday. Does the hotel have anything special from the Tooth Fairy? I'm trying to figure out if we should try to keep the tooth in or just go ahead and rip the sucker out.

:tink:

I am sorry but the resort cannot be the tooth fairy. There are just too many people wanting special celebrations for too many different events. No way could Disney do all of them.

But doesn't mean that you could not take a special container for her to put the tooth in and put under her pillow. Then the Tooth Fairy could visit it her there in the resort, just like at home.

I'd just handle it like you would at home. Bring whatever you were going to give her after losing the tooth and whatever container you were going to put it in.

In my case, I used to bring a dollar coin. I went to the bank and always had a few on hand for when the kids lost teeth. I had a little tooth pillow and I'd slip the coin in that and under their pillow.

Disney doesn't have anything so it's up to you to handle it.

My daughter lost a tooth at WdW and the tooth fairy did come (with a little preparation;-). We bought a tooth fairy pillow somewhere on site soon after we arrived. We just knew she was going to lose it and we wanted to be ready. My dh says we got it at Tink's Treasures. I think we bought it at Downtown Disney. Irregardless, if you do a search online or call around before you go I bet you could find one. I don't know if Tink's Treasures is still there after the Fantasyland makeover.
We still use the pillow now for my youngest daughter, most recently on Christmas Eve ;). It is a great memory.

Our DS lost his first tooth at WDW. We were having dinner at 1900 PF and it must have fallen out while he was eating. We never found the tooth! We looked on the floor, the table, etc. The manager came over and told us that he would be talking to his good friend, Tinkerbell and that he knew she would let her friend, the Tooth Fairy know. My DS was happy with that and then we just put a little something under his pillow that night.

My daughter lost her tooth while we were checking in--yep, she'd been working it all the drive over (she's like that) and there we were in the WL lobby and she suddenly shouted "it's out" and blood gushed out of her mouth. She's done that for every loose tooth--as soon as it is a tiny bit loose she works it mercilessly until it's out. :confused3

After a horrified gasp before she realized it was just a lost tooth, the very nice desk CM gave us a cute box to put it in (similar to the cheapie tooth necklaces they have at schools) and sure enough--the tooth fairy at Disney left her the same dollar coin she'd been leaving at home. Call me prepared :cool1:

Now--did you know the tooth fairy has a facebook page so you can tell her when you're away from home but have lost a tooth?:)

This happened to us at the Beach Club. We're from Canada so it didn't make sense that the Tooth Fairy would leave a toonie in Florida. I asked at the front desk and they sold me 2 Disney Dollars in an envelope to use instead. The fun part was sneaking the envelope in my pjs as we were going to bed at the same time! ;)

My daughter lost her tooth too.

It was about 10 pm or so and we were ready for bed. My Dh and I told her not to wiggle it so she wouldn't swallow it in her sleep. Really we didn't want to go and get her something at that hour!

Thankfully she was so tired that she fell asleep and pulled it out the next day.

I did to to the desk to see if they had any confetti and they told me no but they did give me 2 think pins which I wasn't expecting.

I was able to go out that day and get her a tinker ell bracelet since tink is the tooth fairy in WDW.

My son lost his tooth on our last trip. The front desk gave him a card from mickey and a balloon. I was surpised as I just needed change for the tooth fairy to leave some $.

Knew my grandkids would be losing teeth at Disney.....i brought some Mickey confetti with me (had purchased on ebay).

I left a trail from the sliding doors to the pillow, and then left money and a Disney pin under the pillow. (yes, I cleaned up the confetti myself so the Mousekeeper didn't have to.)

When my daughter unexpectedly lost a tooth at WDW it was 10 at night! My husband got up and went to the front desk at 4 in the morning to get disney dollars for under her pillow so she wouldn't be disappointed.

DD lost her tooth at Disney. We left it in a cup when we went to the park. When we returned she had a balloon and the tooth was in a little generic plastic treasure box. We grabbed the tooth before she saw it and added money under her pillow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter