Too much on-board credit? ha!

PrincessGal

Earning My Ears
Well, I know this is a silly question, but if you have on-board credit left over at the end of a cruise, do you get a refund back? We are wanting to put money ahead of time on our room credit to pay for excursions, souvenirs, etc. If for SOME reason (like we don't go to a port and thus no excursions that day), will we get a refund for unused credit? Thanks!

My understanding is yes, you will get a refund if you have unused credit you have paid and not used.

You will get your money back if it is money you have put on the account, paying in advance like you mentioned.
I'm not positive you will get money back if it was a booking incentive from Disney or your travel agent. Some cruise lines require you to spend that money or lose it. A quick call to Disney will get the correct answer.

They refund the $ in the reverse order of how it came in. So if you've made several 'payments' into your OBC account and say Aunt Matilda called in a made a $50 OBC gift on her credit card a few days before sailing, Aunt Matilda would get refunded first, then you (or anyone else) in reverse order of receipt. The OBC credits from DCL and your travel agent are not refunded, BUT they are 'used' first....so at least spend that much money!!

pay attention to how it's credited back before you leave; we had a small but worth it amount left and DCL credited it back to our Disney Visa REWARDS card instead of the VISA acct. our REWARDS card expired a month after our cruise so i had a few phone calls to DCL and our Disney VISA to straighten it out. They ended up recrediting my REWARDS card and not my VISA account.

I just came back on Saturday and on Friday night still had a $56. credit from DU(it started out as $75.00). When I went and asked for a printout at Guest Services, it said $56.00 refund to Visa. I just have a Visa debit card so when I asked I was told it would be refunded back to my checking account. Of course one stop at the Duty Free shop quickly fixed that.

or, you can tell them to transfer it to my stateroom, April 26 2008 cruise, room 2608! Thanks! :rotfl: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter