Too Many Character Meals???

trayletha

<font color=red>Sign me up<br><font color=indigo>Y
I've looked over our plans a realized we've got 5 caracter meals planned in a 6 day trip - 2 on the same day. Is this overdoing it?
Here's what we've got

Arrival - Dinner @ Chef Mickey's
Day 1 - Princess Breakfast (Epcot)
Day 2 - None (Yet)
Day 3- Cindy's Table (B)
Day 4- Donald's Breakfastsours (AK) - LTT for Dinner (MNSSHP)
Day 5 - 1900 Park Fair (B)

So what do you think? Its our first trip (see below) and it Me, DH and DD (3.5yo). We won't have to wait in line for too many autographs - so that's a plus. But honestly I don't know how DD will react to them, if she freaks we can just reschedule the rest.

I know some people can't get enough character meals, but I probably would cut back a bit. We scheduled 5 character meals in 6 days for our family trip in January. We only ended up doing 3 - 1900 Park Fare dinner, Cindy's breakfast, and Chef Mickey's dinner. We cancelled a couple PS's once we had done the first meal.

While the kids (some of them) liked the characters, and there was alot of variety on the buffets, we just found them too hectic. For the dinners, we paid over $120 and really couldn't enjoy the food. We were too busy getting autographs and taking pictures of the kids with the characters.

Oh - our 3 year old was scared to death at his first character dinner, but by the last night (Chef Mickey's) he loved the characters. Chef Mickey's is WILD! You might want to wait until your little one has had a chance to adjust to the characters before doing this one.

Have a great vacation!

I did 3 character meals on a 3 nt trip and loved it. On a longer itinerary I don't think you need one each day. We do love the character meals and will end up with them probably 4 out of 5 days, but we make sure they are different sets of characters. We're letting each of our 3 kids pick a character meal, then we're hoping to get LTT for Thanksgiving day. We like the family style service or pre-plated and avoid buffets if possible. We find buffets more hectic and less relaxing. A character meal for a late lunch is a perfect afternoon break for our group.

I wouldn't worry about too many character meals with a 3 and 1/2 year old. Most of the character meals are buffets and offer a large selection of food so you can find food for a picky child. Plus, they tended to be quick (meal in about an hour or so) compared to some of the other non-character meals. Plus, I know my 2 1/2 and 5 year old were amused by the characters and it was fun to have the pics. I also realized (too late into our trip) that I could use it as an excuse not to have to stand in the autograph lines (which used up a lot of time) around WDW. You seem to have already realized that.

The only drawback with a lot of character meals is expense. But, if budget allows and it is what you want to do, I wouldn't worry about it. Remember you can always cancel a ps if you get charactered out. It is harder to get a ps to some of these places, than it is to cancel it.

We will be going down in a few weeks and I am using the character meals as an excuse to get my family up and out of the room. We will be there from 8-31 through 9-6 and have Donald's Breakfastasaurus, the Princess Breakfast and 1900 Park Fare scheduled for M, Tu, We!

Enjoy your trip!

:jester:

My only thought would be all those breakfasts really cut into your early morning park time. that is the best time to see the popular rides, last June we were able to ride Pooh bear 3 times in a row just after 9 and we did buzz twice all before 10:00am. How about changing some to dinner.

Allison

I think that the charactere meals can be great for a family with a little one because your child will sit watching where the characters are long enough to let YOU eat in peace. One draw back is that lots of kids (not ever been a problem with us) are soo busy watching the characters that they don't eat anything. not a big deal for one meal but everyday that might be an issue. At three you have to pay for the buffet and that could mean a lot of wasted money. I would keep them all for now and just make a mental note of some other places you might would like if you find after a day or two that all the character meals or too much.

I don't think it's too many. :)
As suggested, if you don't like the experience, just cancel one or two of them.

Thanks everyone - I really appreciate the input. I think I'll just do as most of you said and leave them and cancel if there are problems.

Allison - It all part of my master plan all the breakfasts are scheduled for about 8am (before the parks are open), so we get in, do breakfast and by 9am we are ready to get going already inside the park. ;)

Trayletha:

All of my PS's are early as well. It really helps to get the family moving in the right direction!

:jester:

Originally posted by trayletha
Thanks everyone - I really appreciate the input. I think I'll just do as most of you said and leave them and cancel if there are problems.

Allison - It all part of my master plan all the breakfasts are scheduled for about 8am (before the parks are open), so we get in, do breakfast and by 9am we are ready to get going already inside the park. ;)

That is a great idea we did it with CRT in June and got into the park right at 8:00am wandered up mainstreet all by ourselves took lots of pictures then got into the castle for 8:30 we were out about 9:15 and jumped on Buzz for 2 rides then headed over to MGM.

Allison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter