Tonys Town Square

LeahA

DIS Veteran
We have never been to this restaurant in all the years we have been to Disney. We decided to try it for lunch on our next trip. What are the better choice options here. I have heard mixed reviews!

Thanks!

Any option is better than Tony's. Go inside, take a picture (It's a lovely restaurant) and then leave. Do not eat the food, it is the only restaurant on Disney that I describe the food as down right NASTY.
My son's chicken parmagina was burnt. waitress was appalled. other son had spaghetti that was overcooked and mushy, my seafood dish was chewy and tasted bad, dh can't even remember his lasgna. These are basic italian dishes and they were all gross.

I like the plaza, limited selection, mainly sandwiches and salads but good.

I'd starve before eating at TTS again. seriously

It has been almost 3 years, but we just did not like this place at all. DD and I were going to give it another try during our December trip, but I changed it to Chrystal Palace for Breakfast after reading the recent reviews.

That's too bad, we've eated everywhere else, just thought we'd try something different!

we ate there on our last trip. food is about like olive garden or any chain italian. i wouldn't call it bad at all... not fancy, but not bad. the desserts were very tasty. we had excellent service at tony's as well. and as a pp said, the restaurant is lovely. check out the sidewalk out front... lady and tramp put their feet in the wet cement. :)

My wife and I both felt the food there was horrible. Consider Liberty Tree Tavern the best of the sit down table service restaurants at MK, with Plaza being a close second (and only because their simple sandwich faire and no appetizers makes it less of a value for anyone on the dining plan).

ate here one time. Never again! :( better options are out there. Why not go to monorail hotel for that meal instead?

We just ate there last Sept. I got lasagna, DH got steak. He didn't like his steak, I loved my lasagna. I would eat there again. I've heard alot of bad reviews but everyone has their own tastes. Dessert was delicious too!

Tony's seems to get a bad name, but DW and I have eaten there a number of times and never thought it was that bad. I would say it is on the same level as the Plaza in my opinion. It is the Magic Kingdom and it is what it is. Do not compare it to the World Showcase. I personally think Liberty Tree Tavern's dinner menu is the best sit down meal in the park. But you need a variety and if you have never been to Tony's you have to check it out at least once to form your own opinion.

The first time we went our server was Claude (he is still there). He said everything on the menu was good, but stay away from the Pork Loin. He said and I quote "The Pork Loin, it suck!" in his very thick accent. It was our first taste of a real experience in Disney and DW and I were hysterical. Up to that point it was all magic and pixie dust, to hear that was very unexpected!

When we do go back to Tony's we always hunt Claude down and say hello.

As to what to eat, the last dish I tried was the Spinach Calzone and it was FANTASTIC!! I am not a big spinach eater, but that homemade dough was superb!

The vegetarian meals I have eaten there were all good. Can't speak on the meat dishes obviously, but my daughter liked them so they can't be that bad. (She is picky.)

Every restaurant will serve a "bad" meal at times and Disney is no exception. Also, different people have different tastes and expectations. If you aren't too picky, are open to trying new things (ask your server for recommendations), and don't set your expectations too high, you should be fine with trying it. If you don't enjoy it, consider it a lesson learned and opt for something else next time. Enjoy your visit!

We have always enjoyed Tony's and haven't anything that was bad there. Is it on the same level as a fine dining restaurant? No...but it's perfectly fine. The people I've eaten with have always enjoyed it too - different people at different times. I say try it!!

three chances and took them off my list. I have never had a good meal there...in fact...the last one was chicken parm and it was so badly burned it crunched when I tried to cut it. I let my waiter know and he agreed it was pretty bad. The pasta wasn't any treat either...it was a sticky glob that must have been lost at the bottom of the pot. I didn't pay for the last meal there and would only ever try it again if it was free :(

There are thing I like and things I don't like about TTS. Great location, awesome to be seated on the patio when the MSEP is going on. I like their dinner rolls. The food isn't awesome, but it's decent, the restaurant is quaint and charming in it's own way, one of a kind. First time we went we had horrible service - worst ever at Disney, her name was Maryanne. I ordered the ravioli and was extremely disappointed with the meal and portion. For $18 you should get better than 5 thin floppy raviolis. Second time we went it was much better, I ordered the lasagna.

Thank you for your responses the last13 trips we have never eatern there, we will give it a try this time. My kids actually love Olive Garden, so if I can keep the 3 of them happy, that's fine with me, mediocre meal or not!

Thanks for your reviews!

We've gone there quite a few times as well. I'm with the camp that says it's ok.....nothing to rave about but nothing terrible. The atmosphere is pretty. We would go back (and are in October :) ). I think you should try it if you've never been. There are SOME people that don't think it's awful!! :)

We tried there in early August and never again...nothing was good at all...I feel we wasted a meal on the dining plan...

I had to laugh because as I'm reading the reviews and thinking, "when did it become the norm to go to a restaurant where the best of the reviews are "it's not horrible"? and those are the best reviews.

Let me ask you, would you try a restaurant at home where 70% of the people said it was terrible and the other 30 basically said it was nothing to rave about but edible?

just thought it was funny

I had to laugh because as I'm reading the reviews and thinking, "when did it become the norm to go to a restaurant where the best of the reviews are "it's not horrible"? and those are the best reviews.

Let me ask you, would you try a restaurant at home where 70% of the people said it was terrible and the other 30 basically said it was nothing to rave about but edible?

just thought it was funny

I like hearing other people's OPINIONS and their REVIEWS, but I would like to try it myself, if it sucks, then we won't go again. I am not on the Dining Plan and we are travelling during the Holiday Season. We have eaten at LTT the last several years and don't want counter service.

We like to try a new restaurant every trip and DH and I went to Tony's one trip. It was nothing to write home about. Edible but not great. Not one of the restuarants we would go back to anytime soon. Atmosphere was nice but not worth going back for atmosphere when there are so many other choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter