Tony's Town Square Restaurant ?

wideeyes

<font color=purple>Won't use fake tan, wants to st
Hi, everyone.

I am going to wdw next year in October, it will be my first ever trip and I am really excited.

I was wondering what Tony's Town Square Restaurant is like, as my DD loves the film Lady and the Tramp and I was wondering if the themeing makes it a good choice for her?

I have looked at the menu and the food sounds nice.

Any thoughts on it?

There is no particular theming that I noticed re Lady & the Tramp to be honest. It was a standard Italian restaurant.

I could have missed the theming though as we were enduring one of the worst meals of any of our 12 WDW trips. AVOID!!!

It is probably the only WDW eatery I've tried that I would not return to/

Sorry!

We had a good experience here. The theming isn't really too shown but they have lady and the tramp pictures on the wall. The food was good. The japanese couple next to us spent the time taking photo's of the food!

Most of the bad reveiws on this place are from people who spent big bucks there for dinner. Lunch however usaually gets pretty good marks. It is a quiet diversion from the crowds and the grilled pannini and flad bread pizzas are very nice. The theming is subtle, there is a fountain with L& the T in the center of the dining room, pictures all along the walls and the song "Bella Note" was playing. It was a nice lunch.

We only did Tony's once. It was a very rainy day at MK and apparently they were having issues with the power in the kitchen. So it ended up that half the food we had ordered couldn't be made, some kind of pasta casserole was available, but couldn't be heated up, so was barely luke warm, the waiter brushed it off saying "oh yeah, there are problems with the electricity in the kitchen all the time...we joke that its haunted." We were charged full price for everything, no apologies offered.

This was about three years ago. Haven't been back since. Have no plans to go back.

We've gone to Tony's the past 2 years for lunch and have been very satisfied! Like everyone else has said- the theming is subtle, but the restaurant is very relaxing and enjoyable coming from a busy park. Everything our family ordered was delicious so I don't understand the negative reviews on the food, but I guess it depends on what you get. Hope this helps.

We have been here 2 or 3x, once we went for dinner during mickey christmas party, we had no ressie so we waited way to long.(our fault) But to answer your question, I agree w/ the other posters, there is not any overt theming. I think it is just like a nice italian restaurant. I do remember enjoying my
dinner more than lunch. I think dinner has better food choices. Have a
magical trip. :wizard:

My parents went on their trip in April after warnings from me about all of the bad reviews Tony's gets on these boards. They raved about it...one of their favorite meals the whole trip.

It's totally individual whether you like a restaurant or not.

We jsut ate there 2 nights ago and loved it. We have also had meals there that were not so great but I had the chicken florentine and it was perfect!

If you go, I would suggest making a ressie about 30 minutes before the night parade. When you arrive, ask for (and wait for!!!) an outside seat. You will get a great view of the parade. If the meal is not perfect, the atmosphere will be!

We eat lunch at Tony's almost every trip and have enjoyed every one. We usually order sandwiches and desert.Service has been good and the resturant is a great place to get out of the florida heat. Plus if you eat a late lunch your in a perfect spot for the afternoon parade.

Bev

I like Tony's. It gets a bad rap from some people on the Dis, but I just don't understand it. The food is great, as is the waitstaff. Granted, it isn't the best Italian I've ever had, but I live in a city with some great Italian restaurants.

I say give Tony's a try. You won't be disappointed.

We loved Tony's - had dinner there last week of June 2006.
We asked for the porch on on our ADR and got it.
Our ADR was for 8:15 PM (late dinner).
We saw SpectroMagic right from our table.
When we were done with dinner - we had a great view of Wishes from Main Street by the train station exit.

Have your DD order a Slushie. It comes in a keepable a glass mug with Lady & the Tramp on it (they give you a clean mug, wrapped in bubble wrap and in a box to take home at the end of the meal).

Ask your waiter to bring otur DD's daughters autograph book to Lady & the Tramp to have dog paw prints on it.
You waiter will bring back the autograph book with a stamp of dog prints, the dog's names and the Chef sign's it too.

Either before or after you eat - in front of Tony's is a statue of Lady & the Tramp. Take you DD's picture next to them.

We are planning to eat here again :woohoo:

pirate: We went October of last year, and loved it! I already made our ADR's for October of this year. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hi, Thank you for your replys, I think we will give it a try. :)

We just had dinner there this week and really enjoyed it. I had the salmon (very good!), DH had the veal t-bone and DD had the eggplant rotini. They were all very good and something that we would order again.

The food that I would stay away from is Chef Mickeys...it was okay, but for the price there are many more restaurants that have much better food.

I think it is just one of those things that depends on the person dining. While I liked the italian atmoshere I thought the food was terrible. (and I am not a food snob) my mom on the other hand really liked this place and would love to go back.

I second the Salmon it was wonderful. They are right the restauranr doesnt have very much themeing. Som pictures on the wall and a special glass. They had a spaghetti dinner with meatballs on the childrens menue and it made me chuckle thinking of the movie.

My theory is try the restaurant yourself dont go by someone else's opinion because that is what it is there opinion. Make your own conclusion every family has there own tastes Enjoy!!!

It was our last meal of our Disney trip last summer. We liked it and we did dinner. I would return.

The theming is definitely not over the top and I'm not sure I would even realize it was Lady & the Tramp if I hadn't done so much research for the trip.

I don't know if it is a *must do* though for depending on how much time you have, etc... As we were on the Premium plan, I didn't pay any attention to the costs and we had done everything else we had wanted to already.

We had a lovely, memorable dinner here on our honeymoon 2½ years ago, and when making our ADRs for our upcoming trip, this was the place that DH and I decided to "repeat"! We love Tony's! The food was wonderful, the service was absolutely impeccable.. no complaints at all! Be sure to visit the Lady and the Tramp fountain :)

Where exactly is the fountain? I scrapbook and bought a sticker for my page for our dinner there. I have subequently changed my ADR from Tony's to another restaurant in MK because of all the negative comments and the menu didn;t scream to me. I still wouldn't mind using my sticker and a picture in front of the fountain might be a good thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter