Tony’s Merriest Town Square Party - all dates still available?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by MIAMouseketeer, Nov 10, 2018 at 9:44 PM.

1. MIAMouseketeer

MIAMouseketeer Mouseketeer

So I was curious to see if any of the dates had sold out for the new Tony’s Merriest Town Square Party and was surprised that none were. In fact, every single one had availability for 14 (the highest number you can book online) I have to admit I’m surprised this isn’t more popular. We would book it, if the seating was for the first parade, but with a 2 year old, he won’t make it to 11:30 to watch a parade. I’m wondering if it would be more popular if it was offered for the 1st parade.

2. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

Yup.

But, the fact that Tony's food is nearly universally reviled would also certainly would have a negative effect!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 7:11 AM
    KateMW and MIAMouseketeer like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

I'm not surprised at all. I agree, it would be more popular if it was offered for the first parade. Throw fireworks viewing in there and you have a winner. Along with many other people with younger children, we've never stayed past the fireworks. I've never heard of anyone having a lot of trouble finding a spot for the second parade. We did the terrace dessert party with MNSSHP this year. We happened to be in the group that was also given parade viewing because of an error in the event description on the WDW website. After doing that event, I was really hoping they would simply include parade and fireworks viewing in the dessert party because they figured out how to do it smoothly. I would have been happy to pay more for the dessert party in order to do this again. Instead, they basically added a second party and separated the viewing options. I also think the location of Tony's makes this a bit more unappealing as going in and out of Tony's to access rides/attractions/party events is not convenient at all.

MIAMouseketeer likes this.
  5. slpeters

slpeters DIS Veteran

I'm probably going to do it and I'm not surprised. Combine the fact that beer and wine are included with the fact that it's the second parade and goes until after midnight and you've basically devised an event at MVMCP that is if not outright child unfriendly at least not good value for children. It's not surprising to me that the tickets aren't flying. On the other hand the way I had pretty much planned the last couple hours of the night was fireworks, parade on main street, Mickey stage show. We were pretty much camped on main street/the hub for two hours anyway--so doing it with hors d'oeuvres and wine, not to mention having somewhere to hang and eat and drink while the park clears out--sound awesome to me. And it wouldn't exactly tear me up inside if there weren't a lot of kids there. Plus that parade view looks perfectly magical for the last night of our trip.

6. mster425

mster425 DIS Veteran

it's $99 for kids, too. I jokingly told my husband last night that I don't think our 5 year old can drink enough wine to break even.

Like PP said, the dessert party used to include both events and they split it so we have to pay double to get the same experience- it rubs me the wrong way. Also I don't drink.

That said, the parade view is amazing and a respite from the crowds sounds great.
    Disney's only kids club ends at 10:30 so we have nowhere to ditch our kids that late. If it were only DH and I, I'd consider it.

MIAMouseketeer likes this.
  7. CampbellzSoup

CampbellzSoup Son. Husband. Father.

Yeah I think it’s awful they split it in two...oh well you don’t need this anyway plenty of spots for second parade

8. MIAMouseketeer

MIAMouseketeer Mouseketeer

LMAO!

9. TheDisneyNurse

TheDisneyNurse DIS Veteran

GOOD!

(Can you tell I booked the event for my party? :rolleyes1)

The more empty, the better. Maybe if it never sells out, they’ll make it cheaper next year. Or end it all together. Who knows!

My brother’s underage, so he won’t be drinking. But I do enjoy the drinks at these dessert-type parties. I think we’ll get our money’s worth with the view and food. We hover around main street and the hub around that time, anyways. And we’ll enjoy eating again while the park clears out!

And listen... I love kids. My nephew is my absolute world. And I’m planning to work as a pediatric NP when I finish school. I love seeing other kids have the time of their lives. But the fact it’s for the last parade, and there might be a higher adult:kiddo ratio... is a little nice.