• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tons of questions-help please!

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
We would like to visit DL however I can't decide if we should wait a few more years or not. Our kids will be 5 & 6. Should we wait another year or two for when they are old enough to ride everything?

If we go, how many days should we dedicate? Is 5 days too long?

Are the onsite resorts close enough for grandpa to go back to rest midday?

If we have been to WDW many times, will DL be a disappointment? I know that it is the original and I reall want to see it, but with many of the attractions being the same, I guess what I am getting at, is it worth the money? We are going to WDW in October and are also considering an AP and going again there next summer instead of DL.

Thanks for all of your help!

it's not a matter of whether your child is old enough or not, it's actually a height requirement or how well he/she can handle a ride. My 7 year old is still afraid of the Haunted Mansion and my 5 year old will not do the kiddie rollercoasters!

Good point. Let me rephrase. My kids love Splash Mountain, ToT, BTMR, etc at WDW. But what are the height requirements on the Matterhorn, etc that is only at DL and DCA?

The Matterhorn has a 35" height requirement, so if they can do all the rides you mentioned at WDW, they're fine for that. Indy has a 46" requirement. In DCA, Soarin' and Jumpin' Jellyfish are 40", Grizzly River and Muholland Madness are 42", CA Screamin' has 48" and the Maliboomer is 54" I think. Otherwise height requirements are the same for all rides as their WDW counterparts, except Space Mountain, which has (or had before the refurb) a 40" requirement.

I wouldn't miss DLR during the 50th celebration! You and your kids won't be dissapointed. Maybe plan on 07, and just skip AP's this year!

My 3 1/2 year old son has a blast. He hits all of the rides with a 40" or less height limit. If you go to www.disneyland.com and search "height requirements" you will get a complete listing of all of the rides and their limits. Your kids will love DL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter