Tonga Toast Recipe?

dtr_angel

Sorry I'm Late
I thought I had one saved on my computer that I got from here, but I can't find it. Does anyone happen to have it? Thanks! We're hoping to have a "poly" breakfast night tomorrow night for dinner. Definitely missing Disney World right now :)

Tonga Toast

Stuffed Bread:
1 Pullman Loaf or Sourdough Bread
3 Bananas
1 cup Cinnamon-Sugar Mixture (equal parts)
1 quart Canola Oil

Batter:
6 Eggs
2 cups Milk
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
2 TBS Sugar
Dash of Vanilla

Place all batter ingredients in a bowl. Cut ends off sourdough loaf then cut into 6 equal pieces. Using a small sharp knife, cut a pocket in the middle of each piece, about 3/4 down. Stuff two pieces of banana into each piece of bread. Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees. Dip stuffed bread into batter and place in oil. Cook 'til brown on one side, about 3 minutes, then repeat process on other side. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil. Roll in cinnamon/sugar mix and serve it with maple syrup. Makes 6 portions.

Thanks for asking for/posting the recipe. Tonga toast is one of my favorite breakfast in WDW!:banana:

oooooohhhhh.

I have wanted to try Tonga Toast but my wife hasn't wanted to go to Kona for Breakfast. (we're not big breakfast people)

Thanks for posting it, I'll give it a try.

I'm sure it won't be the same but will be close and give me a good idea
what's it's like.

oooooohhhhh.

I have wanted to try Tonga Toast but my wife hasn't wanted to go to Kona for Breakfast. (we're not big breakfast people)

Thanks for posting it, I'll give it a try.

I'm sure it won't be the same but will be close and give me a good idea
what's it's like.

You can also get Tonga toast at Captain Cookes, the counter serve at the Poly for a lot less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter