Tom Sawyer Island Paintbrush - Is it worth searching for?

belledreamer

Writer, dreamer, and Honorary Lost Girl
We are planning a trip with me and my parents, my 13yr old cousin and her parents, and my best friend who hasn't been to Disney in over 10 years.

Before I start, let me explain about my cousin... She is Disney-OBSESSED! I mean, I love Disney too, (I'd be perfectly content to live in Cinderella's Castle :goodvibes) but my cousin loves it even more and has been in the range of 10-15+ times.

Anyways, she was researching and found something about paintbrushes that you can find on Tom Sawyer island and that if you find a paintbrush, you get some kind of prize or Fastpass-like ticket for any ride. Now I'm all for it, but the time of the year that we're going isn't going to be very busy anyway. Plus, I still have my friend who hasn't been in 10 years to think about; I don't want her to miss out on seeing things because we're searching for a paintbrush that may not be worth the effort to find. Which if that's the case, then they can go search (since my cousin's heart is set on it) and my friend and I would go ride other rides.

So my question basically is, Are the "Tom Sawyer Island Paintbrushes" worth searching for? Any tips or even your personal experiences would be extremely helpful.

Good question. I think taking the time to find the paintbrush is a quest for people who go a lot. If you only go once a year or less, your time is better spent riding JC and POTC without lines in the morning.

You won't be the only one searching and Tom's Island is a big place to search. Though it would be awesome to find the paintbrush your chances are slim. Will it be time well spent?

I agree with the pp. We have done this and it was lots of fun..Kids found a paintbrush and we got FP to BTMRR. We have also done it and NOT found any and this takes up at least an hour or more of your day...We go at least once a year and stay for at least 8-10 days, this (we feel) allows us to do all these "extra" things and not feel like we are missing out on anything else. It is time consuming. And no guarantees to finding one.

I agree with the pp. We have done this and it was lots of fun..Kids found a paintbrush and we got FP to BTMRR. We have also done it and NOT found any and this takes up at least an hour or more of your day...We go at least once a year and stay for at least 8-10 days, this (we feel) allows us to do all these "extra" things and not feel like we are missing out on anything else. It is time consuming. And no guarantees to finding one.

Thanks for your input. We're only going to be there 5 days, so it definetly gives me alot to think about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter