Tom Brady

I'm not entirely surprised about this, honestly. There were rumors of Brady and Belichick out getting along well the past few years. Plus, Brady is pretty close to retiring. I think the Patriots were ready to move on and Brady wasn't. Like Favre and the Packers.

I'm not entirely surprised about this, honestly. There were rumors of Brady and Belichick out getting along well the past few years. Plus, Brady is pretty close to retiring. I think the Patriots were ready to move on and Brady wasn't. Like Favre and the Packers.

The Packers had a superstar QB to replace Favre. Patriots really have nothing.

I just wish they'd held off a couple of weeks before doing/announcing this. I know it sounds petty, but I really didn't need more depressing news this week.

Right? If Drew Brees retired or left today I would have been inconsolable. Too much at once.

I just wish they'd held off a couple of weeks before doing/announcing this. I know it sounds petty, but I really didn't need more depressing news this week.
I think they had no choice, with free agency timelines(or whatever allowed Brady to talk with other teams but not until the middle of all this.

I really don't care as stopped watching the NFL. However, I follow some of my colleges players to see how they do via stats. What I'm left scratching my head with everything going on right now is how the NFL seems to think they will have any resemblance of a regular season. Do they expect the COVID-19 to magically disappear and everything will be back to normal next fall? I sure don't.
  • The economic impact that is about to hit this country is going to be harsh.
  • You're not going to see fans going to games since many will not have the money.
  • Big assumption that the Governors allow fans to attend a game.
  • Can you imagine some of the spoiled, attention seeking players with nobody to show off for?
  • I don't know how some teams are going to be able to afford the big dollar players.

I really don't care as stopped watching the NFL. However, I follow some of my colleges players to see how they do via stats. What I'm left scratching my head with everything going on right now is how the NFL seems to think they will have any resemblance of a regular season. Do they expect the COVID-19 to magically disappear and everything will be back to normal next fall? I sure don't.
  • You're not going to see fans going to games since many will not have the money.
  • Can you imagine some of the spoiled, attention seeking players with nobody to show off for?
  • I don't know how some teams are going to be able to afford the big dollar players.
Well, don't forget that the NFL season doesn't start any sort of training camp until August. There is a lot of time between then and now where information can be gathered and decisions made. And time is the key here, as the league will have time to develop and enact contingency plans should it be required.

With all that said, everyone is trying to get to as much normalcy with work as they can. And I don't see how pro sports would be any different. Because it's the offseason, teams and players can be all "business as usual" since trades, free agent signings, etc can be done with virtually zero face-to-face interaction. And granted, no one knows if games or even the season will take place, but you almost have to work on the assumption that it will in some form.

There is no doubt that everyone worldwide is going to experience an economic hit. And the next month or so is going to be very weird because we've got rules and restrictions limiting public gatherings. But at some point those restrictions will be lifted and people will be looking to things like live sports and entertainment as a way to divert our attention from what has happened (and perhaps will continue to happen), and they will find a way to watch.

China is starting to return to normal after 3 months of this disease. You don't think our lives will return to normal? I suggest that everyone stay away from screens for a while. The hysteria feeds on itself until people really think this will become the zombie apocalypse.

I really don't care as stopped watching the NFL. However, I follow some of my colleges players to see how they do via stats. What I'm left scratching my head with everything going on right now is how the NFL seems to think they will have any resemblance of a regular season.

As of right now, MLB thinks they will start in Mid May, so...

I'm not terribly invested in football, so I'm just glad he's providing something else for the news to talk about!

I'm not really surprised to see him go (though I thought he'd just retire somewhere). - I'm a transplant here in New England myself, but I quickly came to feel like I belong here, and when I just told DH the news, he mentioned that Brady never seemed to feel like that. :(

But I can't say I'm all that sorry to see him go, either. He always struck me as someone who felt a little "above" - even when he tried not to act that way. It wasn't just on the field - the odd special diets and all that kind of rubbed me the wrong way for no reason.

But I'm sure it's really hard not to feel special when you're treated as a superhero, so I don't mean to be too judgey, either! While it will be nice to see someone else get a chance at the spotlight, I still wish him and his family well. :goodvibes

China is starting to return to normal after 3 months of this disease. You don't think our lives will return to normal? I suggest that everyone stay away from screens for a while. The hysteria feeds on itself until people really think this will become the zombie apocalypse.
I'm about the last one into hysteria. I'm in WA State but the other side from Seattle and only 1 confirmed case. But my concern isn't that it won't get better within a few months, but then as we head back into cooler weather it could rear it's ugly head. Plus I do beleve the fiscal impact will still be felt into the fall and things like ticket sales will be impacted, but it depends how bad this gets.

As of right now, MLB thinks they will start in Mid May, so...
Why did you have to mention MLB? We're really missing the Rays. :sad1: As far as Brady & the Bucs go, my DH & DS are looking forward to watching the games. Our team is the Dolphins. Second favorite is the Bucs, due to living so many years in Tampa & going to games. I'm really not interested in watching the Bucs this year. I never thought I'd say this, but when we do, I'll be pulling for anyone else.

This like Batman without Robin, I wish these two giants of the game would of put their huge egos aside and worked thru it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter