Tokyo Disney Itineraries

Discussion in 'Tokyo Disneyland' started by Haley R, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

Do you just get them at the ride?

2. FoxC63

FoxC63 DIS Veteran

Well, when they crowd you into the building a CM speaking Japanese is telling the story. This is the person you need to ask for the pamphlet BEFORE he starts his speech.

I also added more on my post so swing back a take a look see.

Also note when you see a character, there is NOT a line. People just gather around them and who ever grabs the character first gets the attention. If you are not willing to do this you will loose out. It's not something I enjoyed at all. Some characters like ShellieMae had a line.

AngelDisney and Haley R like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Haley R

Yeah I read that about the characters. We aren’t planning to meet any. We will probably just take some pictures whenever we see some.

Thanks for the info about ToT. I added it to my list. I’m not sure if I’ll remember it when it’s happening but I’ll try

FoxC63 likes this.
  5. FoxC63

FoxC63 DIS Veteran

Here you go!

Get this at Tower of Terror - You have to ask for them!

upload_2019-3-15_0-9-27.png

Fortress Explorations - I think they had these on the wall at the entrance of the fortress.
    upload_2019-3-15_0-11-9.png

upload_2019-3-15_0-11-20.png

6. Haley R

Those are awesome! Thanks for sharing them! I put notes on my google doc about getting those.

FoxC63 likes this.
  7. Agent 86

Agent 86 DIS Veteran

TDR Explorer was somewhat recently reporting that they've stopped giving out the English pamphlets / leaflets at various rides.

I'm not sure whether it was ever confirmed that it was permanent or simply a case of them running out of stock. But, apparently quite a few rides used to have the English leaflets, including ToT, Journey, Splash Mountain, Monsters Inc, 20,000 Leages, Haunted Mansion, Pooh, Small World, Buzz and Sindbad.

I stumbled across these articles which feature them all:

http://www.parkeology.com/2011/03/so-story-goes.html

http://www.parkeology.com/2011/03/story-continues.html

[EDIT: My mistake, it was DisneyTouristBlog:

Another bummer from this trip was confirming the ‘extinction’ of the English story cards (archival photo above). During our last trip, we received conflicting information on these. Once, that the supply was low, but that there would be more later. Another time, that they were being eliminated.

Given the increase of international tourists to Japan, I just assumed the cards would not be retired. It sounds like a silly thing to do ahead of the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics, but we talked to multiple Cast Members, and all seemed to confirm that they were gone for good. (I use wiggle words like seemed here because it’s always possible something was lost in translation.)

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/tokyo-disneyland-summer-2018-trip-recap/]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 12:42 AM
    AngelDisney, Haley R and FoxC63 like this.
  8. FoxC63

FoxC63 DIS Veteran

I have to say the links provided were dated 2011. We went in 2015. As for Tom Bricker's post even he's not 100% sure. Still, I would ask. You never know. :flower3:

AngelDisney and Haley R like this.
  9. Agent 86

Agent 86 DIS Veteran

Oh, I 100% agree - no harm in asking.

I foolishly always handed mine back to the cast member after looking at it as I didn't realise that I could keep them!

AngelDisney, FoxC63 and Haley R like this.
  10. FoxC63

FoxC63 DIS Veteran

I think this is from Indiana Jones? I think we weren't suppose to keep it. :ssst:
    upload_2019-3-15_0-54-59.png

We stayed at the Mira Costa - stupid we had to call twice to make our hotel reservations for the same resort. And once we were there we had to repack just to move into the other room. :confused3 Anyway, here are a few post cards left in the room - we have two sets of everything because of the TWO resort reservations. :sad2:
    upload_2019-3-15_0-58-22.png

The big Mickey egg is just a flyer. Love, love love the beverage spoons!

11. Haley R

I totally read that blog post and forgot he posted that. In my head it didn’t seem like a big deal to me. I guess we’ll ask and if they say they’re gone no big deal

FoxC63 likes this.
  12. FoxC63

FoxC63 DIS Veteran

Oh no!

13. Haley R

Lol about Indiana Jones. We are staying at the Hilton so we won’t get anything like that for free but I plan to buy some stationary while we’re there. I’ll probably get it in the city though instead.

FoxC63 likes this.
  14. Agent 86

Agent 86 DIS Veteran

The adorable Mickey spoons are in the restaurants in the parks, so you can grab them. I think they're just at the station with serviettes, etc. I can't recall whether they're in every restaurant or only some of them.

AngelDisney, Haley R and FoxC63 like this.
  15. MKTokyo

MKTokyo Mouseketeer

Sorry to disappoint but those English story cards are long gone.

Agent 86, AngelDisney, JKalai and 2 others like this.
  16. FoxC63

FoxC63 DIS Veteran

That's too bad. Too many changes there, glad we went when we did. I have no doubt in 2022 things will be so different from this trip @Haley R is taking I would not be able to use most of her information.

One good change I see is that they now offer packages.

Haley R likes this.
  17. Haley R

I feel like that’s how it is with all Disney parks. Things are constantly changing

FoxC63 likes this.
  18. FoxC63

FoxC63 DIS Veteran

I don't mind changes but when they take away the small details that make it uniquely theirs, that bothers me.

Oh, what are you doing about getting some Yen? Plan on bringing it with you or getting it there?

19. Haley R

We plan to get some at 7-11s while we are there. I won’t get much for tdr but we plan to have some every day while in the city

FoxC63 likes this.
  20. FoxC63

FoxC63 DIS Veteran

Do they have coin laundry facilities there? On our two week trip I hand washed all our stuff half way in.

21. FoxC63

FoxC63 DIS Veteran

I'm so excited for you both! Really cannot wait to read your trip report and look at all the photos!

Haley R likes this.