Tokyo Disney Booking Help

Yeah, that's what I was doing. Oddly enough, unlike the US, I think if you are a group of 4 adults, you don't save any money having 4 adults in one room vs having 2 adults in 2 rooms. (It's like in many hotels in Japan I save a lot of money being able to book rooms as 1 adult.) Or if you do the savings are minimal and beds in rooms with two beds tend to be small.

But yes, the package is about 2x whatever the room rate is, if it's the 30,000 yen room at the Ambassador, it's not so bad, and you get the ~80,000 yen I was using. But it's why I didn't do it last year. For less than the package I could get 2 nights at the Disneyland Hotel, so I was only paying more for food and tickets. The packages do not discount for child meals and child tickets vs. buying a la carte and I do get significant savings on those a la carte.

It's fascinating because in FL, hotels at WDW and Universal are similar price points, but hotels at USJ are MUCH cheaper than in TDR.

@menotyou21 , I don't mean to be rude, so please don't take it that way. But it might be best if you created your own thread with questions about TDR vs. asking questions in this one. I think you will get a lot more responses that way. In your particular case, I think the hardest thing will be finding a room large enough for your group. If you want everyone to have their own beds, you are going to have very limited room options. If some of the kids are willing to share beds, you have more options, but the bed the two adults will be sharing is more like a US double than a US Queen or US King. I am not in any way trying to say you or your partner are large, but I know very few adult Americans who enjoy sharing double beds. I mean you can also have each adult sleep in a bed with 1 kid if you are comfortable with that.

Lol I cant believe the room rates. I mean they do seem like very beautiful hotels!
I hope to get my plans finalized sometime this week so I am ready to book as soon as those July dates are up for booking.

The packages seem nice but way to pricey for what it is I think.

What's the latest with your plans? Have you book a package and/or which hotels did you decide on?

We've been at both Mira Costa and Celebration and your correct about both hotels in your discussions earlier.
If you can afford Mira Costa, its great. Celebration is good, but not worth $250 a night or more. If Hilton or Sheraton are not working out, look at the hotels near the Shin-Urayasu Station as its one stop from Maihama.

It's unfortunate your timing is just when school gets out for the summer. We had nice weather in early July with one cloudy, windy day from a dying Typhoon (little rain). The Natsu Matsuri celebration is kinda fun (water everywhere) and watch out for neighboring firework celebrations around Tokyo on the weekend.

What's the latest with your plans? Have you book a package and/or which hotels did you decide on?

We've been at both Mira Costa and Celebration and your correct about both hotels in your discussions earlier.
If you can afford Mira Costa, its great. Celebration is good, but not worth $250 a night or more. If Hilton or Sheraton are not working out, look at the hotels near the Shin-Urayasu Station as its one stop from Maihama.

It's unfortunate your timing is just when school gets out for the summer. We had nice weather in early July with one cloudy, windy day from a dying Typhoon (little rain). The Natsu Matsuri celebration is kinda fun (water everywhere) and watch out for neighboring firework celebrations around Tokyo on the weekend.

So I was able to book the Disneyland Hotel. Only issue is I am trying to book an additional 2 nights but looks like availability is extremely limited.

I am trying to book 2 nights at Mira Costa but looks like it won't happen :(

I looked at the Celebration Hotel but for the cost its iffy. The hotel seems a little to basic, but cute.

Alright, so a little update for anyone who is interested :)

Was able to book 7 nights at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. Sadly Mira Costa was all booked out for the 2 nights we wanted to stay there :(

So our stay at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is broken up weirdly...
5 nights standard room.
2 nights park view room (floors 7-8).

When booking the last 2 nights, it was tough, I couldn't believe how quickly the rooms were selling out! So I snagged whatever I could.

Im hoping we can change our last 2 nights over to Mira Costa, but we will see.

Sounds good. I'm sorry about no Mira Costa :( Keep checking back, maybe something will open up. Summer break is starting so plans may change for others.

Your right about the prices, especially for the packages. We went a la carte and had no problems. I'd recommend not buying the full hopper tickets when you check-in at the Disneyland Hotel. Guests have the opportunity to purchase hoppers for the first two days while non-hotel guests don't. You'll find yourself spending all day when you first visit each park as you typically don't know what to expect. Even on our second visit we still spent the whole day in each park. I know the monorail makes the transfer easy, but its still 20 minutes (gate to gate) and then some if your going from inside to inside to make the 'hop'. Save your money and get the regular 3-4 day pass and use the hopper days to purchase merchandise, eating at missed venues or riding favorite attractions (Pooh's Honey Hunt).

One note about buying merchandise, make sure you want to keep it. We returned some bowls/dishes (once we found our favorite pattern) and it took a loooooooong time and 5 clerks. I guess the Japanese don't return items very often.

We just got back from Tokyo Disney...we only were there for two days. We stayed at Celebrations because of the cost.
yes, it is way off site but if you think about if you were going from All Star resorts to MK at WDW, I dont' think the time difference would be much. The breakfast was fine, but there didn't seem to be dinner available (we ate at the park).
If you are more worried about $ and don't plan to take advantage of amenities because you are at the park, Celebrations is a fine choice.

We just got back from Tokyo Disney...we only were there for two days. We stayed at Celebrations because of the cost.
yes, it is way off site but if you think about if you were going from All Star resorts to MK at WDW, I dont' think the time difference would be much. The breakfast was fine, but there didn't seem to be dinner available (we ate at the park).
If you are more worried about $ and don't plan to take advantage of amenities because you are at the park, Celebrations is a fine choice.

I appreciate your review on the Disney Celebrations Hotel. This morning, my husband booked the Celebrations Hotel for our Tokyo trip in July 2018.

At first we were concerned about the distance / off site. But during our first WDW visit, we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani. My boys enjoyed and loved it!

Do use the "15minute" early entry option...it doesn't soudn like much, but it allows you to enter through a special line (saving much time) and get a head start for your FPs (old style ticket type)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!