To Rent a Car or use airport transfers?

pkitty

Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me
I need some opinions here guys. We usually drive to WDW however as circumstance would dictate we need to fly this year. We are spoiled by the fact that we don't use the buses anymore...you know hop in the car and go but I am forced to look into a car rental at this point. Who is the best deal right now? If I don't rent a car who would you suggest using as for airport shuttle or limo(other than mears). I am a bit stumped here....any suggestions as usual, would be much appreciated!

Hey!

I usually rent from Alamo or National, depending on rates. I use these two as they are on site and easy to get to without having to shuttle to an offsite. Used to to save a few but in the long run not worth the hassle when you are dealing with a lot of luggage!LOL

Our last trip we used Happy Limo! Very pleased with their service! They went above and beyond! Would not hesitate to recommend them at all! Just remember to call to confirm everything 24 hours.

Depending on what time of year, it works out cheaper to rent a car.

Scratch

Last year we were overjoyed to see our name being held up by the town car driver as we entered baggage claim area. We stopped at a Publix for a quick grocery shop and headed off to Pop without a worry. The Disney transportation system is great for going to the parks, the hardest is goint between hotels for meals, but if you use the closest park to transfer it can be smooth and time efficient. We are driving this year and I would be happy to use only the disney system, but my husband says we will take advantage of free parking. We will see if he changes his mind after the long drive down.

I recommend Tiffany Town Car. Have fun! :D

We used Tiffany Towncars last year and they were great! We are using them again this year, even though we are renting a car for a portion of our trip. We have rented with Alamo, pickup and dropoff at the Dolphin for $111 plus taxes (USD) per week. I think that is a really good rate. We are travelling in March and I thought it might be more during Spring Break time but I was pleased with the rate. We still prefer to have Tiffany pick us up at the airport and return us to the airport upon departure. Let's just say I wouldn't want to depend on our sense of direction to get us to our location in a designated time frame! :flower1:

Thanks everyone...valuable info as usual! i never thought about drop off and pick up at the hotel? This is interesting...I am going to look into that!

Thanks!
Pkitty

We used Murray Hill transportation service earlier this month and had no problems whatsoever. I would definitely use them again. On the negative side, I really missed having our own car (we have always driven). We are used to driving to Downtown Disney and all the parks except MK.

We done both options in trips past (limo vs renting). This Feb we are renting a car from National for $110US/week(total with tax of $220US/275CND for 2 weeks using Payless code and Entertainment book coupon with EA service) which is a pretty good deal. For a one week trip, the additional cost to having a car vs limo/cab is not that much (I realize gas and any insurance is extra). For us, the small additional cost is worth the convinence of going from resort to resort or grabbing a quick bit off site (i.e. I192 or Idrive). We still use the WDW buses for all resort to park and vice versa transporation.
I must admit that I enjoyed the door to door limo service from the airport.

DH of Inga

pkitty said:
Thanks everyone...valuable info as usual! i never thought about drop off and pick up at the hotel? This is interesting...I am going to look into that!

Thanks!
Pkitty

You may also find that the National or Alamo rental rates are cheaper if you pick-up from the hotel. (At least that was my experience looking at the weekly rental rates last night) Also, another cost saver may be to use a transfer to get to WDW but plan your rental car usage at the end of your stay and drop off at MCO. That way you can save on the transfer back to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter