To leave on reservation or not

cassie714

<font color=purple>Revenge of the Mummy kept on br
We are going to disney at the end of september with the free dining. Right now, it looks like my husband probably wont be able to go. I have a bunch of questions. Our final payment is due in august. Do i need to take him off before the final payment to receive a full refund? How much do they charge to just take someone off. I probably wont know for sure whether he will be able to go until the last minute. Also we are going for 9 days so he might be able to go for part of the vacation. ( he is having work issues which is why we are not sure) Can I leave him on there and then just upgrade his ticket to non-expiring if he doesn't go or just goes for a few days. What about the dining, can we use the extra ones that he doesn't use. I would imagine disney probably frowns on tghis because then people would start doing that on purpose.

Thanks for your help:worship:

I don't even know if you can do this..or is it scamming somehow? But I would wonder can you drop everyone down to a one day ticket. Pay off the plan. Then, when you get there, see if you can get everyone but your DH upgraded to *whatever* days you want. Then, if your DH doesn't make it, you are only out the cost of one day for him ($70 or so). If he does make it, great, then upgrade his ticket, too.

I don't know if this works or not. And as for free dining, I have no idea. So don't try it without confirming it. :confused3

We have been to WDW the past two years for free dining. Both times my husband was there for only part of the trip. He arrived about four days after we arrived. He was required to be on the same itinerary as us, so his ticket and dining credits were the same as ours. The first year he only used two park days, so we upgraded his ticket to 10 days non-expiring and even added water parks. He used the non-expiring ticket again the next year and we just saved his unused ticket for a future trip. We did benefit by receiving all his dining credits, but we actually had some left over. The first year I called before I left because I was worried about it, and all the CMs said that he had to be on the same itinerary, if we ended up with extra credits, then enjoy an extra meal. I didn't even bother to call the second year. My husband also was able to use Magical Express 4 days later than he was scheduled to use it.

We had no problem checking in without him. However, the room was in my name. If it is in your husband's name, it could be a problem. No matter what you decide to do, if there is a chance your husband can't go, I'd put the reservation in your name.

We stayed at POP the first year and POR the second year.

If you think he may be there, include him in all of your dining reservations. It's much easier to show up with one less, than it is to add one more.

About changing your reservation: You can make any changes until your final payment (45 days out) without penalty. Within 45 days and 6 days, you will be charged a change fee. However, in my experience they don't charge it if you are upgrading your package (ie spending more money). That being said if you drop him before 45 days and add him back before 6 days, you probably wouldn't be charged extra. But I would confirm that with reservations.

Thanks thats what i needed to know. When you upgrade to unexpiring how does that work. When we went last time our ticket was on our room key. Do they issue you a seperate ticket?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter