TLC - A Baby Story - Mom of twins with breast cancer update?

princesspumpkin

DIS Veteran
I just finished watching TLC's "A Baby Story" - the episode where the couple is having twins and she has breast cancer. I'm just wondering if anyone has any updated information on the family. This episode was filmed at least 4 years ago, and I went to TLC's message board, but no one knows anything. There were supposed to be updated info on some of the favorite episodes (and I'd like to think that this was one of them), but I can't find any. Anybody know anything? Thanks

I just found this on the TLC message boards:

"Hi, I'm Michelle Stern. I heard that our episode aired again recently and I came to the website to check the TLC schedule. While exploring the chat area, I was very touched to discover how many people have kept us in their hearts. I registered just so I could post an update.

The babies, Sierra and Alexander, are now 3. They are fun and exciting and inspire more love than I could have ever believed possible. Gary is a full partner in their care and although our lives are very different than pre-children, we have embraced the changes. The children had issues related to being preemie but so far seem to have evaded any ill-effects from the chemotherapy.

I completed chemotherapy and radiation in June 2002. Although I had a dim prognosis, I have beat the odds so far and am fairing very well.

Our ordeal has made us so much stronger as individuals and as a family. I am grateful even for the kids' whiny crabby days and that I am here to help them through it. Sometimes people even ask me how I remain so calm and good-humored. I rarely give the real explanation but you all already know. 'Cause I'm so darned grateful to have them! Particularly since I would not have been able to carry a child had I not been pregnant when the cancer was discovered.

So, thank you to all of you who thought of us and have shed tears for us, I do too every time I see the episode. My hope is still that I get to see my children grow up to be loving adults and we remain grateful for each day we share."

Thanks for the update. It is great to hear that the mother is doing well. :goodvibes

What great news! I just saw that episode today too and wondered how she was doing. I am so happy to hear that 3 years later she is still healthy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter