Tired of Disney making lunch meals dinner with dinner prices

Boardwalk Tigger

DIS Veteran
I was not happy to see another restaurant , Chef de France, has turned their lunch into a dinner meal. I miss going there and picking from a lunch menu and especially miss the quiche. I use to love to go to Canada for lunch as they had great hamburgers among other things. One by one, Disney is turning lunch menus into dinner menus. Have been vacationing at Disney for over 20 years and will have to go off property for lunch if this trend continues. Yes, I know they have quiche in the fast food area but I don't like the atmosphere struggling to find a table. We like going to a sit down restaurant for lunch but want a lunch menu with appropriate prices. I presume this is happening because of the dining plans. We did this one year but it was too much food for us and we like sit down meals twice a day. Anyone else getting tired of this practice.

I was not happy to see another restaurant , Chef de France, has turned their lunch into a dinner meal. I miss going there and picking from a lunch menu and especially miss the quiche. I use to love to go to Canada for lunch as they had great hamburgers among other things. One by one, Disney is turning lunch menus into dinner menus. Have been vacationing at Disney for over 20 years and will have to go off property for lunch if this trend continues. Yes, I know they have quiche in the fast food area but I don't like the atmosphere struggling to find a table. We like going to a sit down restaurant for lunch but want a lunch menu with appropriate prices. I presume this is happening because of the dining plans. We did this one year but it was too much food for us and we like sit down meals twice a day. Anyone else getting tired of this practice.

I think the only consequence that a dining plan has for lunch vs dinner menus at any restaurant is that more people are looking for meals at TS restaurants. A credit is a credit at a TS restaurant regardless of cost, so breakfast, lunch and dinner count as a credit, making the "value" of that credit rise for dinner.

Personally I think the changes are occurring because people who are paying OOP prefer to pay less for a meal, and that makes sense. Lunch less money than dinner? Have lunch. This may be more of a driver to offer the same menu at the same price for both meals than a dining plan.

I honestly don't care if there is a difference between a lunch and dinner menu. I book lunch or dinner based on our touring plan that day, and wil go where it makes sense for us. If I dont want the menu offered in one restaurant I will choose another. There are so many to choose from in the WS that we alwyas find something within our budget that we like.

Sometimes I've looked at the change and said: "Yay! My dinner choice is available for lunch, which is when I'd rather have it" (mostly when I get the DDP)

I've also said, "No, I want my less-expensive lunch options back" (mostly when paying OOP)

Can't please me either way.

One place I REALLY miss lunch pricing is Biergarten. I know it is a few dollars cheaper for lunch, but it used to be A LOT cheaper for lunch than dinner.

Why do you say it is the DDP? Folks like to blame the DDP for everything!!
I agree with others, I think it is more an operational issue.
And no, it doesn't bother me at all. We eat one sit down meal a day

For people paying OOP, lunch pricing would push people to TS lunch instead of dinner
For people on the DDP, lunch pricing pushes people to TS dinner instead of lunch.

I think that these factors AND operational issues were all part of their decision making process to maximize revenue. Why does it have to be one or the other?

For people paying OOP, lunch pricing would push people to TS lunch instead of dinner
For people on the DDP, lunch pricing pushes people to TS dinner instead of lunch.

I think that these factors AND operational issues were all part of their decision making process to maximize revenue. Why does it have to be one or the other?

Why are you quoting me?
I have used the DDP and I have paid OOP.
I eat when I want, where I want, regardless of whether it is a lunch menu, a dinner menu or an all day menu

Because I was continuing the conversation? :confused3

OK Got It!! I wasn't trying to be offensive, just to understand.
I didn't see why. I usually see quotes in support of the quoted text or arguing with the quoted text and I didn't see either in your post.
Just having a conversation is good :-)

The Chef's change took it off our last trip. I always got the quiche and DH got the crepes , fish sandwich or burger. We had also done lunch at LeCellier but that ended when they went to 2 TS credits all day and took the sandwiches away. OP for what it's worth we had good lunches at Captain's Grille, Grand Floridian Cafe and ESPN on our last trip. We also sometimes head to DS via the closest resort if our plan is to go back to our resort after lunch anyway
Since we aren't all day park people hitting a resort for lunch isn't an issue.

I don't like it either. We used to like having lighter, smaller options for a lunch at TS restaurants and then a larger/heavier meal in the evenings. I just want the options of a TS meal-sit down,be waited on- that is not a big meal/or $$$/ or a big buffet for $35+ at noon.

I definitely think this is from DDP. There was not not enough places for dinner for ALL the people to get their money's worth . People dont want to have a $16 burger or salad when the same credit can be used for a $32 steak or buffet later in the day.

I was not happy to see another restaurant , Chef de France, has turned their lunch into a dinner meal. I miss going there and picking from a lunch menu and especially miss the quiche. I use to love to go to Canada for lunch as they had great hamburgers among other things.

I agree completely. We're senior citizens and tend to have smaller appetites. The lunch menus at TS used to be plenty large enough portions for us to have as our "big" meal of the day, and at dinner-time, we'd pick something up at the food court (usually at the resort, since we rarely stayed at the parks after dark).

One place I REALLY miss lunch pricing is Biergarten. I know it is a few dollars cheaper for lunch, but it used to be A LOT cheaper for lunch than dinner.

Uh - oh ! Please tell me what the pricing is at Biergarten now, and any other need to know differences between lunch and dinner there? We went last time 12 years ago and LOVED it! Very authentic food, quality was awesome! We are finally coming back, and I've been so much looking forward to Biergarten. However my two little ones eat next to nothing, so we were opting for the lunch, thinking it will be (much) cheaper...

Can you update me on pricing and quality? Thanks!!

Uh - oh ! Please tell me what the pricing is at Biergarten now, and any other need to know differences between lunch and dinner there? We went last time 12 years ago and LOVED it! Very authentic food, quality was awesome! We are finally coming back, and I've been so much looking forward to Biergarten. However my two little ones eat next to nothing, so we were opting for the lunch, thinking it will be (much) cheaper...

Can you update me on pricing and quality? Thanks!!

Updated pricing of all buffets/AYCE can be found here

https://www.disboards.com/threads/buffet-character-shows-aycte-pricing.3108466/

Apparently LTT has changed back to their lunch time menu of pot roast and fish and chips. I guess they had a BIG amount of cancellations/walk outs with the change to their dinner menu. Maybe if enough people boycott their favorite restaurant, this will happen again. I heard there was a substantial decrease in reservations at LTT because of this. We cancelled our 2 reservations last time and told them why we did it.

Last edited:
Apparently LTT has changed back to their lunch time menu of roast beef and fish and chips. I guess they had a BIG amount of cancellations/walk outs with the change to their dinner menu. Maybe if enough people boycott their favorite restaurant, this will happen again. I heard there was a substantial decrease in reservations at LTT because of this. We cancelled our 2 reservations last time and told them why we did it.

There is no roast beef at LTT. There is Pot Roast BIG Difference

We also prefer a lighter lunch and I agree that TS restaurants should offer a lunch menu with smaller portions and appropriate prices. Would you be happy ordering an appetizer or a la carte instead of a full meal at lunch time? or sharing a meal?

I'd love to see a list of restaurants that do offer a lunch menu if anyone wants to chime in on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter