Tipsy is as Tipsy Does - A February '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 8/15

NOT! As a family of Steeler fans we could have cared less.
Go Stillers! How did yinz get to be steelers fans? That's my Pittsburgh accent. We live 2 hours north of PIT.

This is Ketel One Vodka, Watermelon, Hibiscus, and Lime Juice. Good news is just like mine, this Jenn's Tattoo did not disappoint. The watermelon juice was great in this and as I could barely taste any alcohol I assumed there wasn't much there, but it didn't take long to figure out that was most definitely not the case :P
This looks delicious and hopefully it left you with happy memories!

For our entree's Casey and I went a bit out of left field and got the House-Smoked Wagyu Beef Bolognese with Barrel-aged Feta and Garganelli Pasta.

This photo does not look good, but this was delicious. It was rather chilly outside so the dense pasta really hit the spot. The sauce was made from wagyu short ribs so it was thick and flavorful and the addition of the feta added a nice punch. I washed all this down with a delicious glass of a Chilean Cabernet that hit the proverbial spot.
I wouldn't think Tiffins would do pasta well but glad it was good. Although wine makes any dish better!

Great update. I've been on the fence about Tiffins. I'm adventurous but dh and my three kids--not do much. Dh never met a chicken he wouldn't eat, same for dd. My twins are a bit more adventurous, often opting for apps. Not sure if I should book the dinner package for October. My friend is joining us and I'd like to show her something more inspiring than Yak and Yeti or Tusker House. I've booked Skipper Canteen and even that makes me a bit nervous where the fam is concerned.

When Casey and I got there she took the "lounge" term a little too literally and made herself comfortable.

So cute!

I got the Jenn's Tattoo. Side note some of you may recall my best friend passed away rather unexpectedly last year. The anniversary of her death was 2 days before our trip so I was on edge already, but her name was Jen and I got a tattoo in her honor so 1. I couldn't not get this drink but 2. The sight of its name alone produced more than a few tears on my menu. :sad:

I'm so sorry about the passing of your friend. It's really cool the drink was named that.

For our entree's Casey and I went a bit out of left field and got the House-Smoked Wagyu Beef Bolognese with Barrel-aged Feta and Garganelli Pasta.

This photo does not look good, but this was delicious. It was rather chilly outside so the dense pasta really hit the spot. The sauce was made from wagyu short ribs so it was thick and flavorful and the addition of the feta added a nice punch. I washed all this down with a delicious glass of a Chilean Cabernet that hit the proverbial spot.

That looks so good! I think we may be switching our ROL package to Tiffins, and I'm getting this.

I'm sorry this was a rough meal emotionally for you. I get that after our server at Boathouse was named Steve and my mother having a rough time.

I'm glad you got a tattoo in remembrance of your best friend. :hug:

Your pasta dish sounds good and definitely warming. Wagyu Bolognese is definitely a twist on the Wagyu trend (I like my wagyu barely not mooing!)

The other dishes sound like winners. I'm with you on the molasses/oil dip not being that tasty. Its one of the reasons we do the bread service as I like the options for dipping better!

Looks yummy, I am so glad we have a reservation for Tiffins in August! Your review has made me excited for it. I love walking through an empty park!

The lunch ADR for RoL is actually a good deal, it probably will go up in cost once Disney figures it out lol!

The octopus - can't wait to get this! Coconut, curry, and lobster? Pretty sure that'll be my meal, looks delicious.

The part about your friend and your tattoo? So sweet...After a brain injury where I died me and 2 others friends are thinking about doing this, so it kinda got me right in the feels. Life is awfully short, what a lovely rememberance. Ugh, feels for sure!

When Casey and I got there she took the "lounge" term a little too literally and made herself comfortable.
Love this picture! Can you believe that little cutie will be in grade 1 this September! The school year is flying by!

This time we were seated in one of the side rooms instead of the main dining room. It wasn't as visually appealing, but we largely had the room to ourselves which was nice. To join the boys in their drinking I got the Jenn's Tattoo. Side note some of you may recall my best friend passed away rather unexpectedly last year. The anniversary of her death was 2 days before our trip so I was on edge already, but her name was Jen and I got a tattoo in her honor so 1. I couldn't not get this drink but 2. The sight of its name alone produced more than a few tears on my menu. :sad:
Anniversaries are never easy, especially when you lose a dear friend at such a young age. How nice that you got a tattoo for her. :hug:

He was a little apprehensive about ordering this as he'd never had swordfish before, but he eventually declared this the best meal of the trip. The swordfish is rather dense so it eats more like a steak and the carrot and coconut puree was sweet, but had some serious heat on the back end which was unexpected but good. And their forbidden rice really is a thing of wonder.
That swordfish would be right up my alley...mmmm! I love the idea of a carrot and coconut puree too!

By the time we got back to the hotel the sweet bug hit us all so we stopped by Mara where we got an oreo cheesecake
I see another must try snack for AKL this summer! Yummo!

We are going to Tiffins next Saturday and I cannot wait! Your drink looked amazing and I may have to give it a try!

We also got back in time to see the end of the superbowl, which apparently was about the best part anyway.

As a diehard Patriots fan I can tell you that this was most definitely the case ;)

Tiffins looks wonderful! I am so sorry about your friend, but glad that you were able to celebrate her with what honestly sounds like a seriously delicious cocktail. And how cool that you were able to walk out of AK by yourselves and scored your own bus to AKL. That's some VIP treatment right there! :)

Your meal at Tiffins looked delicious! And I think eating at a yummy restaurant is a much better way to spend the Super Bowl lol.

Yum! Tiffins looks really really good. It never really appealed to me, but I might be convinced!

That's sweet about Jenn's Tattoo. I like to think when stuff like that happens, they're popping by to say hello :) Alice a couple weeks ago said we should "celebrate Big Nona's life" (my grandmother who passed 2 years ago) and said we should have the party on April 13....which was the day of her funeral. I swear the hair on the back of my neck stood straight up. She was like, 4 years old and didn't go to the funeral or anything. There's no way she could've remembered. But it made me feel like she was talking to us or something. Made me feel better.

Ok, so my friend did that crazy caveman/keto diet and he drank butter in his coffee and swore by it. I don't think I could do it either!

All caught up! It has been crazy busy since our Spring Break at WDW and it's my first time on Dis since. I am trying to organize our pictures so I could start a dining report (hopefully). I love your review of Tiffin. It's one restaurant that I really want to do which I haven't had a chance on our last trip.

Tiffins once again, sounds amazing!! And those drinks there and at Nomad are calling my name!!

Also wanted to mention that I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That must have been such an emotional moment in the restaurant.

We both posted our Tiffins reviews this morning :D
Ya know what they say about great minds......

I do remember; I didn't know you that well back then but my heart broke for you. I just can't imagine :hug:
:hug:

Why do I not remember seeing this on the menu?? Was it a special?? I loved what I got but this sounds like something I would have enjoyed, too.
No it was on the regular menu. I hadn't seen mention of it anywhere so it took me a bit by surprise to even see it there. Its still on the menu online but if you didn't see it in March my guess is it is gone.

They knew who they were dealing with :cool: :cool1:
No, they know who my travel agent is :-)

Wow...looking forward to trying Tiffins on our upcoming trip, everything looks so good. We have the ROL package for dinner in early June!
Awesome!!!!! Hope you all enjoy it as much as we did. I'm already plotting our return in November and what we can get.

Hi Kari! I just wanted to pop in and tell you how much I enjoy your trip reports and how like you, I agree that cocktails at Disney are a VERY important part of the vacation!!! We would get along splendidly!!!!
Hi Jenny!!!! I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying the report. I love eating, drinking, and writing them :-) Keeps me sane in between trips. And if you love a good cocktail like me we would most definitely get along!

Go Stillers! How did yinz get to be steelers fans? That's my Pittsburgh accent. We live 2 hours north of PIT.
Stillers. Yinz like the Stillers too! Your Pittsburgh is definitely much better than mine. My Mom is from there and most of her family is still in the city (North Hills area). At the ripe old age of 5 I realized it was more fun to route against my Dad (a Redskins fan) and everything associated with PA and my Mom's family made him angry so a Steelers fan I became. Dad is still bitter.

This looks delicious and hopefully it left you with happy memories!
It was and it left me with good memories and a buzz. She'd be thrilled to know there was a drink out there for her.

I wouldn't think Tiffins would do pasta well but glad it was good. Although wine makes any dish better!
I didn't think it would be great either, but as chilly as it was red wine and pasta hit the spot.

Great update. I've been on the fence about Tiffins. I'm adventurous but dh and my three kids--not do much. Dh never met a chicken he wouldn't eat, same for dd. My twins are a bit more adventurous, often opting for apps. Not sure if I should book the dinner package for October. My friend is joining us and I'd like to show her something more inspiring than Yak and Yeti or Tusker House. I've booked Skipper Canteen and even that makes me a bit nervous where the fam is concerned.
If they aren't as adventurous, Tiffins may be a bit too far of a stretch for them. We haven't explored the full menu, but while the proteins are fairly normal the spices may be too obscure for them. Maybe you can convince the hubby to take the kids somewhere while you and your friend have a girls night at Tiffins:-) Skippers is definitely a good first adventure and see how they do there before Tiffins. Their food is much more approachable and doesn't have as exotic spices

I'm so sorry about the passing of your friend. It's really cool the drink was named that.
Thanks! She'd love that a drink was named for her too, intentional or not.

That looks so good! I think we may be switching our ROL package to Tiffins, and I'm getting this.
You should definitely do Tiffins. No chance it disappoints.

I'm sorry this was a rough meal emotionally for you. I get that after our server at Boathouse was named Steve and my mother having a rough time.

I'm glad you got a tattoo in remembrance of your best friend. :hug:
Thanks for that. I really felt for your Mom after reading your Boathouse experience. You can prepare yourself for a lot, but I find its the unexpected moments that tend to be the hardest. But I got my tat forever, so she's always with me :hug:[

Your pasta dish sounds good and definitely warming. Wagyu Bolognese is definitely a twist on the Wagyu trend (I like my wagyu barely not mooing!)
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:I definitely prefer mine in the barely mooing category too, but this was pretty dang good for the non-mooing variety :-)

The other dishes sound like winners. I'm with you on the molasses/oil dip not being that tasty. Its one of the reasons we do the bread service as I like the options for dipping better!
That dip is definitely weird. I've barely seen anyone that likes it, but they are clearly committed to it if they haven't done anything about it yet

Looks yummy, I am so glad we have a reservation for Tiffins in August! Your review has made me excited for it. I love walking through an empty park!

The lunch ADR for RoL is actually a good deal, it probably will go up in cost once Disney figures it out lol!
I'll have to look into the RoL lunch as we probably want to do RoL but I have no interest in waiting in line or using a FP for it. Hope you and Andi enjoy Tiffins. Its quickly become one of our favs.

I knew I liked you. Lol. I was born in Pittsburgh so I'm a Steelers girl for sure!
Go Steelers!!!! My Mom is from Pittsburgh so I can't claim the city for my own, but we visit relatives there frequently so I like to think its my adopted hometown

The octopus - can't wait to get this! Coconut, curry, and lobster? Pretty sure that'll be my meal, looks delicious.

The part about your friend and your tattoo? So sweet...After a brain injury where I died me and 2 others friends are thinking about doing this, so it kinda got me right in the feels. Life is awfully short, what a lovely rememberance. Ugh, feels for sure!
Octopus and the lobster soup sounds like a perfect meal to me!

You all should definitely think about the tattoos. My other best friend and I got them together and its a great way to carry them with you. Even now when Casey sees it she always says something about her Aunt Jen. She also wants to get a matching one, but I remind her she must be 18!

Love this picture! Can you believe that little cutie will be in grade 1 this September! The school year is flying by!
No I most certainly cannot. She's doing great in kindergarten though. Its amazing to not just watch her grow physically but mentally as well. I can only imagine the changes you must see in any given year.

Anniversaries are never easy, especially when you lose a dear friend at such a young age. How nice that you got a tattoo for her. :hug:

That swordfish would be right up my alley...mmmm! I love the idea of a carrot and coconut puree too!
I think it would totally be something that you'd like. Are you flying solo again the year?

I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me as you AND @ariane37 were even positioned together on my thread list! How funny! I so enjoyed reading about your time at Tiffins and the desserts later at Mara didn't look bad either :thumbsup2
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: @ariane37 and I clearly share the the same eating and drinking disney gene. So much so that we can do the Tiffins Jedi mind meld from hundreds of miles away. We'll have to see if we can keep it up for our next review too.

We are going to Tiffins next Saturday and I cannot wait! Your drink looked amazing and I may have to give it a try!
Awesome. Can't wait to hear what you think about it.

As a diehard Patriots fan I can tell you that this was most definitely the case ;)

Tiffins looks wonderful! I am so sorry about your friend, but glad that you were able to celebrate her with what honestly sounds like a seriously delicious cocktail. And how cool that you were able to walk out of AK by yourselves and scored your own bus to AKL. That's some VIP treatment right there! :)
I'm sure you all were thrilled with the ending. It was odd not to be watching the Super Bowl for what had to be the first time ever.

Tiffins was and is wonderful. Definitely a must do for us now. Especially when I get have a good cocktail. Hopefully there just won't be tears next time :-)

Your meal at Tiffins looked delicious! And I think eating at a yummy restaurant is a much better way to spend the Super Bowl lol.
It was a much better way to spend the day. I was routing for my Steelers to get there, but when they went out of the playoffs I knew I could indulge in amazing food instead of a tv all night :-)

Yum! Tiffins looks really really good. It never really appealed to me, but I might be convinced!
Its a real winner. You should at least look into Nomads. We'll be visiting not once, but two more time on this trip and loved it every time.

That's sweet about Jenn's Tattoo. I like to think when stuff like that happens, they're popping by to say hello :) Alice a couple weeks ago said we should "celebrate Big Nona's life" (my grandmother who passed 2 years ago) and said we should have the party on April 13....which was the day of her funeral. I swear the hair on the back of my neck stood straight up. She was like, 4 years old and didn't go to the funeral or anything. There's no way she could've remembered. But it made me feel like she was talking to us or something. Made me feel better.
I love thinking of it as a hello. Kids most definitely have a way of connecting that logic can't describe The weekend before the anniversary of Jen's death I found a picture of her under Casey's pillow. She had no idea it was coming up on a year, but said she put it there so she could dream about her :hug:

Ok, so my friend did that crazy caveman/keto diet and he drank butter in his coffee and swore by it. I don't think I could do it either!
You and I will stay firmly in the no butter in our coffee club together!

All caught up! It has been crazy busy since our Spring Break at WDW and it's my first time on Dis since. I am trying to organize our pictures so I could start a dining report (hopefully). I love your review of Tiffin. It's one restaurant that I really want to do which I haven't had a chance on our last trip.
Welcome back! Let me know when you start you report. I'm always infinitely behind too :-)

Tiffins looks better and better with each review!! I'm sorry it was a difficult evening :(
Thanks. Tiffins is truly in a park class all of its own

Tiffins once again, sounds amazing!! And those drinks there and at Nomad are calling my name!!

Also wanted to mention that I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That must have been such an emotional moment in the restaurant.
Wait for a few more posts the drink were calling our names in droves later in the week :-)

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm not a very emotional person so crying in the restaurant was a bit of an embarrassment for me, but thankfully we were alone so I didn't look too crazy. Though I did have to have Jason order the drink for me cause I couldn't even say the name :hug:

Still loving your reviews! We enjoyed Tiffin's with a ROL package last week. Sooner or later Mikka will get last year's F&W review done and move on to this year's F&G review.

Hi there!

Confession time - I am a dining review lurker. I read one review thread and didn't totally understand why people did the roll call to say who was reading. Then I read through another, and another, and another, and now I feel a bit on the creepy side. I get why people do the roll call - it is because you actually learn a lot about the people doing the dining reviews.

So, I am here, and will be reading along and also making sure to let you all know when I am reading the other reports. These reviews are awesome and has offered a great exposure to me of what a great community the DIS really is.

Best,

Brandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter