Tips for Seniors in DW/Orlando

DisneyMom

Now a Disney Grandma!!
We have planned a trip with my in-laws to DW in May and will be staying on-site. Now my in-laws are feeling like the walking will be too much, but can't get out of the travel package at this point. Anyone have any ideas for senior-friendly activites at DW or other activities in Orlando that might require less walking? Also, using wheel chairs or scooters in DW is not an option.

Hi! We are heading to WDW in August. We can't wait.

When we went to WDW in 1997 with my grandparents, they too felt the walking to be a lot in the heat.

This is what we found useful:

1.) Head to TOm Sawyer Island in Magic Kingdom. The island has over sized rocking chairs and is shaded. They could bring a book if the heat gets too much. It's a great place to relax.

2.) Ride rides such as Small World and Pirates of the Caribbean in Magic Kingdom. The lines are short and the rides last between 5-10 minutes. This is good to cool off and take a load off.

3.) They could ride the monorail to the Grand Floridian, Contemporary, and Polynesian. They could spent the afternoon touring the resorts. This would give them the chance to stay cool and take a rest whenever they felt the need.

4.) At Epcot, the American adventure is a show that tells of American History. The theatre is a sit down and it's very cool.

Well, I hope some of these help you. Let us know if there are any questions.

Melika77@theglobe.co

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter