Tips for driving from NJ to FL with 2 kids!

Hey neighbor! I am definitely not looking forward to the drive, especially with kids! Lol! Keeping checking flights and right now they are over $300 a person. But I also need to convince hubby to fly! Lol!

It really isn’t bad!! Your kids are older too, so as long as you make it fun for them, they’ll be just fine!!! Keep them occupied and have snacks/drinks ready. You guys will do great!

Hey neighbor! I am definitely not looking forward to the drive, especially with kids! Lol! Keeping checking flights and right now they are over $300 a person. But I also need to convince hubby to fly! Lol!
There should be some kind of setup where us moms and kids all go together and leave the husbands who don’t want to pay for flights behind to go golfing or something:D

There should be some kind of setup where us moms and kids all go together and leave the husbands who don’t want to pay for flights behind to go golfing or something:D
:rotfl2: Yes!!! That would be great!!! Not only does my hubby not want to pay a lot to fly, he is scared to death! :confused3

Wanted to say, I talked to a friend who drives from Albany NY to Orlando, FL a lot. He doesn't fly! He said if you can, leave Thursday night, he feels traffic is much lighter and if you are trying to do stuff Saturday you don't want everyone to be dead from a rough trip. He has done it both ways and feels like the extra night hotel room is worth it to keep from starting the trip worn out and to break it up for the kids better. Push as long as you can Thursday-they get on the road at 6ish and drive til they have to stop, check in, sleep for 6-8 hours and get back on the road they stay outside of Disney where ever the can find the best Hotel deal with free breakfast. Sometimes Gainsville. Then finish the trip Saturday and go to a park. Just an FYI

Wanted to say, I talked to a friend who drives from Albany NY to Orlando, FL a lot. He doesn't fly! He said if you can, leave Thursday night, he feels traffic is much lighter and if you are trying to do stuff Saturday you don't want everyone to be dead from a rough trip. He has done it both ways and feels like the extra night hotel room is worth it to keep from starting the trip worn out and to break it up for the kids better. Push as long as you can Thursday-they get on the road at 6ish and drive til they have to stop, check in, sleep for 6-8 hours and get back on the road they stay outside of Disney where ever the can find the best Hotel deal with free breakfast. Sometimes Gainsville. Then finish the trip Saturday and go to a park. Just an FYI
Thank you for talking to your friend! I would love to leave on Thursday, but it is Thanksgiving! Not sure we want to miss out on our family dinner! Lol! But we’ll see how it goes. Thanks again for getting some good tips!

We also live in SJ, just outside Philly, and have made the drive a few times. We have left at different times for different arrivals, and have never had a problem. Having said that, we have never driven overnight, even though you would think it would be easier with small children sleeping while you drive. It also means when you need to rest they are ready to go. There were five of us, so I always compared driving costs to flying (PHL to MCO in 260 minutes). Every year when we drove the novelty of driving to Disney died somewhere in SC, and I would swear every year on the way home I would NEVER do it again. If it is affordable (factoring in the additional time lost by driving) then by all means fly. If not, allow the kids to watch videos, ipods, whatever to kill the boredom. Juice boxes, finger foods (grapes) are ideal, and tend not to be messy. After VA, we would stop at the first rest stop in each state on I-95, to use the facilities and stretch our legs. Change drivers at this time (if possible) to keep attentive on the road. It will also allow you to drive longer and further by having the occasional break. A lot of the times we drove during the christmas holidays, and traffic was never an issue. Please have a safe and enjoyable trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter