Tips for Buzz Lightyear

lsulindy

DIS Veteran
I've seen threads for WDW, but not for DL. Any tips for hidden or bonus targets?

Hit triangles and diamonds. One of them is worth a lot. I think it's the diamonds?

I heard rumors of some target that gives maximum points. "heard rumors" means I read 1 post on an unrelated website that it exists lol.

I've never heard of hidden or bonus targets, that would be amazing! I need all the help I can get in my attempts to beat my Mom! :rotfl2: What I find works well is to not jump from target to target a bunch, but if you can get yourself locked onto one target and continuously hit it for as long as possible, then switch to another one and do the same thing. And if you can even hit one or two lit up triangles it makes a huge difference!

There is a very small target on both rooms where Zurg is. It is on his chest right below the Z. There is a small hole there and if you hit it I think it gives you 50,000-100,000 points.

Also, there is a dark tunnel you go thru right before you enter the last room. There are diamond targets throughout the tunnel. However, try to hit the one on the ceiling as you exit the tunnel for 100,000 points.

I think the small target on Zurg's chest is 50,000 points.

Triangles are 10,000 points.
Diamonds are 5,000 points.

I'm only a Level 4 Space Scout, but I've heard that the lighted targets are worth 10 times the amount, so a lighted triangle is worth 100,000 points!

There are some Buzz Lightyear tips in this -------> link

Here is a map courtesy of ice1cube (http://ice1cube.xanga.com/685266712/item/)

BuzzMap_w176253949.jpg

From the above link:

Secret Targets:

While going through Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters [in the above map's sector 5] you will see a 'Jack-in-the-box' with a target on the box. If you hit this target the box opens to reveal 'alien' Jack. As the box is opening, be prepared to shoot because there is a diamond target on the inside lid of the box. When Jack pops up there is a triangle target. If you manage to hit both of these even once your score will really jump up quickly.

In the same room as the 'Jack-in-the-box' you will see a circle with a diamond target. This one is not hidden, and is easy to hit. Fire at it and try to hit it many times before it goes out of your shooting range.

As you go through the black 'speed tunnel' [in the map's sector 6] there are two hidden triangle targets. One on the right as soon as you enter the tunnel, the other on the left as you exit the tunnel. While in the tunnel there are also two diamond targets on the ceiling. These targets can be very hard to see unless they are lit, but once you see them you will know where they are for future rides. If you are lucky enough to have the ride stop moving while you are in the tunnel you can see your score skyrocket simply by hitting these triangles a few times.

The final room [sector 7] also has a few surprises. On the floor in this room is a 'discarded' toy that can be seen facing the ride vehicles as they are directed to face Zurg and Buzz. If you hit the circle target on this toy a triangle target will pop up and be just a few feet from your car. Hit it as often as you can before you move on.

Finally... be sure to take a good look at Zurg [in the map's sector 3 and sector 7]. There is a line running down the center of his chest. Just below his cape hit that line. There is a very small circle (dark and hard to see), but if you hit it you get 50,000 points! This target can also be hit multiple times. This applies to the FIRST Zurg [sector 3] you see (the one you are very close too with all the small point targets. In the final room with Zurg [sector 7], hitting the spot on his chestplate will also give you 50,000 points, but you are not nearly as close to this one, so it is VERY hard to hit. Now, if you hit the squares below Zurg he will turn in that direction, and this can give you a better look at the chest plate.

The easiest lighted trangles are in the back of the spinning fishes in sector 5 and the one above the second Zurg's left shoulder. Both seem to light up a lot and are easy to hit... the first few people see.

You are only a few feet from the triangle in a box in sector 7 and few people see it because they are facing Zurg.

Good Luck, Space Ranger! :earsboy:

P.S. - As you're exiting the ride, remember to look at the monitors and find your ride photo. Enter your e-mail address, and your ride photo will be e-mailed to you. :thumbsup2

I think the small target on Zurg's chest is 50,000 points.

Triangles are 10,000 points.
Diamonds are 5,000 points.

I'm only a Level 4 Space Scout, but I've heard that the lighted targets are worth 10 times the amount, so a lighted triangle is worth 100,000 points!

There are some Buzz Lightyear tips in this -------> link

Here is a map courtesy of ice1cube (http://ice1cube.xanga.com/685266712/item/)

BuzzMap_w176253949.jpg

From the above link:

Secret Targets:

While going through Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters [in the above map's sector 5] you will see a 'Jack-in-the-box' with a target on the box. If you hit this target the box opens to reveal 'alien' Jack. As the box is opening, be prepared to shoot because there is a diamond target on the inside lid of the box. When Jack pops up there is a triangle target. If you manage to hit both of these even once your score will really jump up quickly.

In the same room as the 'Jack-in-the-box' you will see a circle with a diamond target. This one is not hidden, and is easy to hit. Fire at it and try to hit it many times before it goes out of your shooting range.

As you go through the black 'speed tunnel' [in the map's sector 6] there are two hidden triangle targets. One on the right as soon as you enter the tunnel, the other on the left as you exit the tunnel. While in the tunnel there are also two diamond targets on the ceiling. These targets can be very hard to see unless they are lit, but once you see them you will know where they are for future rides. If you are lucky enough to have the ride stop moving while you are in the tunnel you can see your score skyrocket simply by hitting these triangles a few times.

The final room [sector 7] also has a few surprises. On the floor in this room is a 'discarded' toy that can be seen facing the ride vehicles as they are directed to face Zurg and Buzz. If you hit the circle target on this toy a triangle target will pop up and be just a few feet from your car. Hit it as often as you can before you move on.

Finally... be sure to take a good look at Zurg [in the map's sector 3 and sector 7]. There is a line running down the center of his chest. Just below his cape hit that line. There is a very small circle (dark and hard to see), but if you hit it you get 50,000 points! This target can also be hit multiple times. This applies to the FIRST Zurg [sector 3] you see (the one you are very close too with all the small point targets. In the final room with Zurg [sector 7], hitting the spot on his chestplate will also give you 50,000 points, but you are not nearly as close to this one, so it is VERY hard to hit. Now, if you hit the squares below Zurg he will turn in that direction, and this can give you a better look at the chest plate.

The easiest lighted trangles are in the back of the spinning fishes in sector 5 and the one above the second Zurg's left shoulder. Both seem to light up a lot and are easy to hit... the first few people see.

You are only a few feet from the triangle in a box in sector 7 and few people see it because they are facing Zurg.

Good Luck, Space Ranger! :earsboy:

P.S. - As you're exiting the ride, remember to look at the monitors and find your ride photo. Enter your e-mail address, and your ride photo will be e-mailed to you. :thumbsup2

HA! That maps is awesome. :rotfl: I've read some tips on other sites, but I've never been on the ride, so some of the descriptions mean nothing to me. This helps. I'm bookmarking this, but don't plan to share with my husband. :lmao: I doubt I can remember it all though. Whatever my score is, hopefully it blows his out of the water. :lmao:

Excellent, thanks S. S. Columbia! Very much looking forward to trying out the targets on Zurg's chest! And I'm definitely not sharing with my Mom either! :rotfl:

I had seen tips like this before, but THANK YOU for posting them again. I will have to point them out to my nephews for our next trip. :)

I've hit the target on Zurg's chest one time....that's it, only once. LOL I was freaking out! LOL bouncing up and down in my seat and making squeeky noises. ROFL!!!! It was awesome. And hasn't happened again.......hahahahaha

muahahahaha
There isn't a smiley face for "evil plotting" but I'd use it here. I will beat all and not tell my secrets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter