Tips for booking Space 220 in March?

Joanneee

Earning My Ears
My first 6-day vacation to Disney is on March 23-29 and I realized too late that it was harder than I thought to get reservations, especially for Space 220. I've been looking everywhere, reddit, google, and even set alerts for Mouse Dining. I read somewhere that booking starts at 5:30AM, some say 6:00 AM and to my avail this morning, I got nothing. Is it too late for me to hope that I can still get reservations and are there any tips or tricks I can learn about to up my chances on getting these reservations?

Thank you in advance :earsgirl:

Once you are less than 60 days out, the morning reservation opening time is not a thing. That is the time the reservations open 60 days out.... once they are open, they are open. (One possible exception these days is restaurants re-opening for the first time since covid closures.)

Having an alert set can help....keep in mind that you have to act fast if you receive an alert.

I would check availability often... I keep a tab open on my computer for whatever restaurant I am hoping for so I can refresh and check whenever I think about it.

Keep in mind that packages must be paid 30 days out, so you are approaching the time when some people may cancel trips for that week, hopefully opening some good options for you.

You will also find that availability opens up for some restaurants a 1-3 days ahead of time as people change plans mid-trip. ( I wouldn't count on this for really difficult reservations like Space 220)

Hope that helps.

Once you are less than 60 days out, the morning reservation opening time is not a thing. That is the time the reservations open 60 days out.... once they are open, they are open. (One possible exception these days is restaurants re-opening for the first time since covid closures.)

Having an alert set can help....keep in mind that you have to act fast if you receive an alert.

I would check availability often... I keep a tab open on my computer for whatever restaurant I am hoping for so I can refresh and check whenever I think about it.

Keep in mind that packages must be paid 30 days out, so you are approaching the time when some people may cancel trips for that week, hopefully opening some good options for you.

You will also find that availability opens up for some restaurants a 1-3 days ahead of time as people change plans mid-trip. ( I wouldn't count on this for really difficult reservations like Space 220)

Hope that helps.
Thank you! I will keep this in mind

My first 6-day vacation to Disney is on March 23-29 and I realized too late that it was harder than I thought to get reservations, especially for Space 220. I've been looking everywhere, reddit, google, and even set alerts for Mouse Dining. I read somewhere that booking starts at 5:30AM, some say 6:00 AM and to my avail this morning, I got nothing. Is it too late for me to hope that I can still get reservations and are there any tips or tricks I can learn about to up my chances on getting these reservations?

Thank you in advance :earsgirl:

Unfortunately it looks like you missed your 60+6 day window. That would have been a few weeks ago. You can book anything that is available during your trip now, and like you found, it is unlikely that you will find much at this point. However you can check regularly and sometimes things will pop up. I would recommend doing Mouse Watcher’s unlimited notification for one month and put in everything you are looking for. I have had very good experiences using them. Plus check the day before during your trip, a lot of stuff opens during the last day as folks drop reservations . That said. Space 220 Lounge is pretty unlikely.

Dining is already into April 10 checkin date. I didn’t see any availability for 60+5 when my window opened; 60+6 was maybe a late dinner.

Watch the March cancelled dining page here if you’ve already signed up for alerts.
Yes, thank you. I have all my alerts set and watching March cancellations. I just hope the alerts are reliable and I am also aware of the rules for the March cancellation thread so I’m not too hopeful on being able to get those.

Yes, thank you. I have all my alerts set and watching March cancellations. I just hope the alerts are reliable and I am also aware of the rules for the March cancellation thread so I’m not too hopeful on being able to get those.

What day and for how many people are you looking for a reservation?

I’ve had lot of success with giving up and the recipient did pickup the reservation (4/5 times). I verified that they were freshly logged in and opened the exact dining page for the restaurant and searched for exact number of people. We also did the transfer at odd times (away from MD and TP search engines).

The only time this didn’t work was the first time when I was letting go of a reservation for 5 and they searched for 4 and never saw it pop up (Oga’s). Successful transfers included Space220 which my family refused to repeat. Some reservations we cancelled because kids wanted to do pool time instead.

Last edited:
What day and for how many people are you looking for a reservation?
I am looking for March 24th or 28th for 2 people since I will be going to Epcot on those days, but I am also flexible for the 27th because I can still switch the park reservations.

I’ve had lot of success with giving up and the recipient did pickup the reservation (4/5 times). I verified that they were freshly logged in and opened the exact dining page for the restaurant and searched for exact number of people. We also did the transfer at odd times (away from MD and TP search engines).

The only time this didn’t work was the first time when I was letting go of a reservation for 5 and they searched for 4 and never saw it pop up (Oga’s). Successful transfers included Space220 which my family refused to repeat. Some reservations we cancelled because kids wanted to do pool time instead.
Thank you! I will stay on the lookout.

I am looking for March 24th or 28th for 2 people since I will be going to Epcot on those days, but I am also flexible for the 27th because I can still switch the park reservations.

I can help you out for the 28th but I can’t private message you until you have a higher post count! Send me a message once you post enough.

You can use this thread to up your post count to 10 (I think): https://www.disboards.com/threads/using-this-board-to-up-your-post-count-please.3571551/

Unfortunately my trip is the 14-20, I have an extra reservation I’ll be canceling, but that won’t help you.

I can help you out for the 28th but I can’t private message you until you have a higher post count! Send me a message once you post enough.

You can use this thread to up your post count to 10 (I think)
Thank you so much! I’ll message you once I get enough posts

You can use this thread to up your post count to 10 (I think)
Hi! I got my 10 posts, but I can't find anywhere to message you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter