tips for birthday surprise

2disneyagain

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anybody has any tips. My DD and her best friend (of 9 years) are both turning 13 the beginning of March so her mom and myself are planning a birthday surprise trip for the girls. They both love WDW. We are planning on 4 nights. Any tips on making this a very special trip, one that they will always remember.

Thanks for your help

Hi!
What a festive idea:teeth: Your daughters will have a blast!
My DD is 8 so I am a little unsure of what a 12/13-year-old would like best but I would plan on at least one character meal - preferably Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom or Princess Storybook Breakfast at Epcot... Have they ever been to one of these? Even though they're probably getting "too cool" for the Princesses, I think they would get a kick out of it!!:smooth:Where are you thinking of staying? March will be Peak Season so prices will be steep, but there is currently a Winter Resort Offer and I'm betting there will be a Spring Resort offer as well. Also, do you have an Annual Pass? If made available, this will make you eligible for AP rates which can be up to 40% off rack rate.
Thinking back to when I was that age, I would consider splurging on the nicest hotel you can afford - is GF in your budget? I think they would be wowed!!
On the other hand, I'll bet they'll love MGM Studios, so perhaps an Epcot resort instead (we LOVED BWI in July!::yes:: )
Sorry I'm rambling - and not even much help! but I'll be interested to see what others say:wave2: Good Luck!:smooth:

My DD is 13 and would love a manicure or pedicure at the GF Spa. I think they even have a special "My First Pedicure" and "My FIrst Manicure" for that age. Try www.relaxedyet.com. There are also hair wraps - I know there's a booth at BC/YC pool and I think there is one in Adventureland by Pirates of the Caribbean. Or how about the 4 of you rent a surrey bike on the Boardwalk and peddle around the lake. It's a blast - my DD and her cousin laughed their heads off the whole way! If you eat at Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot, let the host know it's their birthdays. We had this fabulous piece of chocolate cake delivered on a decorated plate that had their names written in chocolate. Awesome! Or how about an Illuminations cruise or Wishes cruise? So many ideas, so little time! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter