• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tipping. Who, when, and how much?

RockyMtnMaria

Mouseketeer
Can you give me a rundown on tipping? We are taking the Magical Express, and mostly using the bus service, but plan to use a taxi a few times. There are 6 of us, and two rooms in POP, and we travel light! Last time we were there, tips for everyone and everything were included in the package (it was a free trip).

Crazy Hakim said:

Thank you Mike! That was nice and concise. I see that the internal shuttle busses are not mentioned. That is a relief, because with six of us and 4 trips per day, it would add up quickly.

So does anyone know how to tip your baggage handlers if you are not in your room when your baggage arrives? Last time we were there (and tips were already paid for) our luggage showed up in our room when we were in the park, and taken out again while we were back in the park for our last morning.

And I have no clue what turndown service is, lol. Why would you pay someone to pull the blankets down on your bed??

Tipping can be confusing but it doesn't have to be. We tip a dollar a suitcase for the Magical Express or Mears bus. We also tip two dollars a day for housekeeping. We stay for 11 days so ahead of time I get 11 envelopes and write "housekeeping on them". I put two dollars in each envelope and than put them in my travel on bag. It is so easy everyday I just pull out one tip envelope and lay it on the table. They appreciate it and you might even notice a little extra attention given to you or your room. We use the Disney Dining plan so tipping is included in most ot the restaurants. Have a great time.

RockyMtnMaria said:
Can you give me a rundown on tipping? We are taking the Magical Express, and mostly using the bus service, but plan to use a taxi a few times. There are 6 of us, and two rooms in POP, and we travel light! Last time we were there, tips for everyone and everything were included in the package (it was a free trip).

We tip $1 bag for anyone who touches our luggage (sky caps, bus drivers, etc) We did NOT tip on Magical Express on the way to the hotel (our luggage was moved separately from us) We did NOT tip the hotel baggage services because we were not there when they picked up the luggage or when the dropped it off. We tipped the server at Wolfgang Puck's express b/c though it was counter service, they delivered our food to us. We tipped housekeeping $1/day/person. I left it in an envelope marked "Housekeeping" on the night stand. We tipped extra at Boma and at Akerhaus because the service was above and beyond.

Have fun at Pop!!!!

So do you tip the shuttle (bus) drivers to/from the parks? (We will be staying onsite and using the Disney busses exclusively).

shyjade said:
So do you tip the shuttle (bus) drivers to/from the parks? (We will be staying onsite and using the Disney busses exclusively).

I don't think so. I didn't see it on the list, and don't remember seeing others tip last fall (but then again, we were told specifically not to tip, because dh's employer already had). If we had to tip for 6 people, I'd probably just put the $$ towards a taxi or van rental instead!

I have never tipped park bus, boat or monorail drivers. :)

shyjade said:

We did not. We didnt' see anyone else tip either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter