Tipping ? probably asked a million times

sunnyshine

Born to be on Vacation
My question is do you have to charge your tips or can you use cash and make envelopes? Would you give the servers and such the envelopes on the last nite at dinner? Probably a dumb question but I have never cruised before and all the info is a lil overwhelming. But it was a nice surprise from my daughter....just her and I all paid for by her. I knew her father and I paying for college was a good idea. I love you tinkerbellRN ::MinnieMo princess:

I used cash and actually made a thankyou card personalized prior to leaving home. I had a picture of my daughter from the first cruise on it so they would know who it was from. I put the cash in the safe in the envelopes and added more to it later depending on the service. I hand delivered at dinner our last night.

Have a wonderful time and what a nice gesture of your daughter!::MinnieMo

Hi, you will recieve envelopes toward the end of your cruise. You can use cash or charge them to your room at guest services. If you charge them, try not to wait until the last evening because it gets busy. Also, if you charge them, you will get small printouts to place in each of the envelopes.

You give the tips to them at the last dinner. If you are not eating at your regular restaurant the last night, let your servers know the night before and give them the envelopes that night.

Have fun!:tongue:

In order to avoid the long lines at Guest Services at the end of our cruise, we charge the regular tip amounts early. Then we add additional cash and phone cards later, as warranted.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Barb, that is such a good idea! We've always charged the day before...but early on in the cruise would be even better.

We've been told by cast members that it is easier for cast members to keep track of tips that are charged--no worries about losing cash or converting it to be shipped home. They recieve a check from DCL every 2 weeks for all of the tips that were charged. The do get every penny you charge...DCL doesn't impose a handling fee or anything. They know what they are getting on the last night as you place one half of the receipt in their envelope.

Of course the advantage to cash occurs IF their home country requires reporting for tax purposes.

We usually do what Barb mentioned--charge the "suggested" amount, then add extra cash for exceptional service...which we get most of the time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter