Tipping for a 13 month old???

golfermike35

Vacation Fans
Not sure if we should plan on tipping for the little guy just like you would for an adult.

Any thoughts?

All the tipped positions will be attending to him so I think they should get the full tip. There is no differentiation between adult and child tips.

You're tipping for services provided, not just food.

Personally, I would give the full tip.

I think what you should think about is the amount of work they will do for the child. How much mess will they clean up, how much fetching of food/drink will they need to do? If they need to do significantly less than they would for an adult, then maybe temper it, it you feel the need. I have the feeling that for most kids, they would actually do more work, though I'm not sure if that's true for one as young as yours.

Plus remember your room steward will be taking out dirty diapers and cleaning up after your little one. They don't have to take out diapers for adults, so in that case they are doing extra work because of your baby.

Very good points from some very experienced cruisers!

Thanks a ton......can't wait til 5/2/09!

We went on a Carnival cruise with an 8 year old and a 3 year old, and did not tip for the kids across the board. Reason being, most of the time they did not eat in the dining area with us, so no reason to tip the head waiter, chef, our waiter, etc. (in fact most of the time we didn't eat in the dining room either! Alas we still included them in our tips though.) Our steward got the adult portion of the tips, plus extra we handed him on disembark day, for all of the extras he did for us during our stay. Also tipped on disembark a special waiter that found us on deck and brought us (and bought a few!) drinks whenever we were out and about. We also hand-delivered tips to the kids club (where our kids didn't want to leave!) I don't recall how much it was for the kids, but we felt it was too much for the services rendered specifically for the children. However we did "take care of" the ones that did tend to them and make their trip equally as enjoyable! I wouldn't hesitate to do this again on our next cruise. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth!

Yes. I would definitely plan on tipping for children as if they were adults. If they are on-board, the staff will be providing for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter