• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tipping Cash or On Board Credit

emilyann415

DIS Veteran
Wondering which one the staff like to be tipped with. Should I charge their tips to our room or use cash? Anyone know which they prefer?

Emily

Wondering which one the staff like to be tipped with. Should I charge their tips to our room or use cash? Anyone know which they prefer?

Emily

Not sure if it matters....we have done both. They get paid their tips either way. When I have charged our tips I always added the extra I wanted to add via cash.

MJ

There was another thread asking this same question recently. Most CMs prefer to receive it via their paycheck (which is how they get it if you charge to your onboard account) as this makes it easier to send money home and they don't have to store large amounts of cash in the cabins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter