Tipping and Kids...

hunter6009

Mouseketeer
Can someone please give me a breakdown of tips? We will have 2 adults and one 19 month old (do I leave tips for him, too?)
How much do I tip each person and who gets tipped?
If I decide to tip with cash, do I need to go to guest services and have them take off my tips on my bill? Do I just hand them an envelope on the last night I see them?
If I decide to just tip through my final bill, when do I need to settle my bill? Can I do it any time during the cruise? Do they overcharge me tips on my bill if I do it this way?

Thanks...new cruiser here and confused on tipping. Don't want to slight anyone!

From DCL's website in their FAQ:

What about gratuities?

It is customary to give gratuities in recognition of service, which you will most likely be treated to in abundance aboard the ship. As a guideline, may we suggest the following:

Per Guest per cruise 3-Night 4-Night 7-Night
Dining Room Server $11.00 $14.75 $25.75
Dining Room Asst. Server $8.00 $10.75 $18.75
Dining Room Head Server $2.75 $3.75 $6.50
Stateroom Host/Hostess $10.75 $14.50 $25.25
Dining Manager Your Discretion
Room Service Your Discretion
Palo Gratuity included

I would tip for my child, too, because service will be provided for him as well (bed turned down / made up, food served, spills cleaned up -- shoot, the nice thing about DCL is that if your kids make a mess at dinner, someone is there cleaning it up before you can even grab a napkin... and they even cut your children's food - although I think I insulted our server in Lumiere's at breakfast one morning when I got up to cut my son's pancake for him - just a habit!)

Tips are not included on your bill unless you specifically put them there. On the next to the last night, you'll receive a form and tip envelopes in your stateroom at turn-down. There you'll have the option of completing the form and taking it to guest services where they can charge your account the amount YOU designate - over or under their recommendation and for whom you designate. Guest services then gives you a ticket that you can put into the envelope to deliver to your servers / host. If you opt to use cash, you can just slip whatever amount you want into the envelope.

We left the stateroom hostess's gratuity on the bed the last night before turn-down. I saw her in the hallway and told her that I had left it there for her and it was ready for her (we were rushing to dinner). For our servers and head server, we gave the envelopes to them at the last dinner.

DCL really makes it easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter