TIP:: Found Hefty "Travel Bags" at Walmart.

Poohbear123

<font color=CCCC00>Will travel without lipstick<br
You can use them for the 3-1-1 liquid rule! 50 cents for 7 bags!:thumbsup2

Or you can buy 50 Great Value brand quart size storage bags at Wal-Mart for about $1.25.

The giant ziplock bags are on sale at Ace Hardware, too. I personally like to stay away from walmart as they are destroying the USA and our workers with all the junk they bring in from China.

Any quart-size baggie will work. 50 cents for 7 seems way expensive - check your grocery store for a store brand and a couple of dollars should get you 50 bags......

Or you can buy 50 Great Value brand quart size storage bags at Wal-Mart for about $1.25.
Didn't see those, I like the ones I got, I only fly 4 times a year, so these will be fine for me, I like the fact they say:MEETS AIRPORT SECUIRTY GUIDELINES on them.:thumbsup2

:confused: :confused: Who is that? And WHY would I want that on my ziplock bag?:confused: :rolleyes:

Kip Hawley is the head of the TSA and the one who decided that as long as liquids were under 3.4 oz and placed in a "magical" 1 quart zip lock bag they were no longer harmful.

FWIW - any one quart zip lock bag is fine, it dosen't have to have any writing on it at all to clear security. No need to pay extra for the special bags.

TJ

Kip Hawley is the head of the TSA and the one who decided that as long as liquids were under 3.4 oz and placed in a "magical" 1 quart zip lock bag they were no longer harmful.

FWIW - any one quart zip lock bag is fine, it dosen't have to have any writing on it at all to clear security. No need to pay extra for the special bags.

TJ

I didn't pay "extra" they were .50 cents, I just bought 2 packs, so I spent a measly $1.00! Just trying to be helpful, your Welcome.:rolleyes1

I didn't pay "extra" they were .50 cents, I just bought 2 packs, so I spent a measly $1.00! Just trying to be helpful, your Welcome.:rolleyes1

Wow, I think you misread my post - and definately missed my point. I am sorry about that but you asked a question and I answered it.

It was meant to be helpful esp for those who read the thread and think they have to search out the TSA approved bags. For anyone who hasn't or can't find the bags that you mentioned any quart size zip lock will do. I get the grocery store brand at $1.29 for a 50 bag box so IMHO you did pay extra for the TSA approved lable. Which is fine - no biggie but no need to roll the eyes really.

TJ

I prefer the ones that say either "Freedom Baggie" or "Kip Hawley is an Idiot"

Those are my favorite!

I also like the ones with the First Amendment printed on them to remind the TSA that might does NOT equal right!

Those are my favorite!

I also like the ones with the First Amendment printed on them to remind the TSA that might does NOT equal right!

I wonder if there are any ACLU approved bags? Maybe a couple extra amendments - 4th and 5th?
But hey, do you want to fly today?

... And we know who the Flytalkers are around here, don't we? ;)

DH has lately been speculating on what would happen if he were to embellish his baggie with the words, "God bless America" -- in Arabic.

Wow, I think you misread my post - and definately missed my point. I am sorry about that but you asked a question and I answered it.

It was meant to be helpful esp for those who read the thread and think they have to search out the TSA approved bags. For anyone who hasn't or can't find the bags that you mentioned any quart size zip lock will do. I get the grocery store brand at $1.29 for a 50 bag box so IMHO you did pay extra for the TSA approved lable. Which is fine - no biggie but no need to roll the eyes really.

TJ

I KNOW about the "other" Ziplock Bags, I just thought it was "neat" that I found "these" bags... I have 100 of the "others" but thought these would be nice to let people know Ziplock has a "special version".....thats all, no biggie.:idea:

I KNOW about the "other" Ziplock Bags, I just thought it was "neat" that I found "these" bags... I have 100 of the "others" but thought these would be nice to let people know Ziplock has a "special version".....thats all, no biggie.:idea:

Does it look JUST like a normal quart size baggie. If not assume you will get the TSA who won't allow it!

poohbear123~
Thanks for the heads-up on these I bought them yesterday at my Wal-Mart!! Everyone needs to lighten up poohbear123 was just sharing her find. She didn't stick a gun to your head and say "go purchase these or else". If you'd rather purchase the 200 for $1 so be it!!!

Yes, they look like the "normal" quart size zip lock except they have the words "Hefty OneZip Travel Bags" written on them with a picture of an airplane flying and the words "MEETS AIRPORT SECURITY GUIDLINES" with the large white block that can be used to write on underneath that. Underneath the white block are the words "QUART SIZE"

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter