Tinkerbell.... Man or woman?

TheUnknownComic

Mouseketeer
Big debate as to tinker bell that flys down the wire during wishes. On other forum I left the story was it was 90 lb woman because of many listed reasons . I happen to be filming the flight during a dessert party and had super close up. This is the video but you need to watch on your PC

It can be either TinkerBell or TinkerBill. Both of them fly and it really isn't a controversy. :confused3

It can be either TinkerBell or TinkerBill. Both of them fly and it really isn't a controversy. :confused3

I have seen pics of a guy doing the flight. I thought most people knew about that. I've heard they get paid pretty well, too, since it is such a dangerous task.

Not one person at the other forum and I mean not 1 ever said they knew or admitted it could even be a guy because of weight, blah, blah. Here you guys already knew it . Man have I been wasting my time :)

I've seen the 'guy' pics. I've seen others that were clearly of a female Tink. It doesn't really matter any more than knowing that there is a person (likely female) inside the Mickey costume. We choose to ignore the actors and enjoy the characters.

It's really hard to say if this CM was male or female since you only seem them for a second or two and the camera is quite jumpy. As said, as dangerous as that job is, I am sure there are not loads of people jumping at the chance to do it. Takes allot of nerve.

Not one person at the other forum and I mean not 1 ever said they knew or admitted it could even be a guy because of weight, blah, blah. Here you guys already knew it . Man have I been wasting my time :)

:rotfl:

Welcome to the board of higher intelligence. ;)
(and yes, I'm totally kidding)

Not kidding about the welcome, though...

:welcome: to Disboards!

My DD worked at Disney and she said, as far as she knows, it has always been a female.

For those people that say how dangerous it is, scarey yes, dangerous, I don't think so.

How many flights has Tinkerbell taken and nobody has ever fallen during a flight. There is somebody at the bottom to catch Tinkerbell during every flight.

I thought it was TinkerBob? :rotfl:

296810_492285674132069_1898719378_n.jpg

In my personal experience, I have only seen a female tinkerbell in the tunnels. That was just a handful of times out of two years working there.There's only a handful of people to do it because of the strict restrictions, and it is a highly paid job. It's like the elusive side of Disney. But any one can do the role if they fit it.

I only worked with one male mickey during my time. And I even knew a few girls that played peter pan in the parks.

Welcome to the board where people know everything about anything. :rotfl: We're a knowledgeable bunch, just ask us!

You won't waste a minute of your time here on the CB/Disboards. ;)

Since none of the Tinks have taken a tumble so far, I would think it's a relatively safe job (Disney probably goes to great lengths to make it that way). I would do it at least. It sounds like getting paid a pretty good chunk of change to go zip lining every night. Especially since it's a course that's probably engineered and checked frequently for safety, unlike the one in Georgia that's been in the news recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter