Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

I'm so confused ... I didn't think that the Tink 2014 has opened yet, but people are saying they are registered...??? I want to register asap, but the website says July 9.

Also, what is "legacy" ?

Sorry, I'm a little slow tonight :confused::lmao:

Registration for Tink was included if you are doing the Princess Half at WDW and are competing in C2C with the special medal. There are only a limited number of spaces available for Tink registration with the Princess half, so yes, some people are registered already.

No worries! Official registration opens on July 9 but for people who registered for the Princess or Glass Slipper Challenge there was the opportunity to register for Tinker Bell at the same time for a limited number of entries.

Disney recognizes Legacy runners who have participated in each year of an event since it began. I don't think there is any official recognition until the 5th year of an event but I'm relatively new to runDisney events. Year 5 of the Disneyland 1/2 marathon was my first rD event and they recognized Legacy runners I think with special race bibs and special ribbons on their medals, but there are others who could probably provide better info.

We have a group running, all of my family in the group are running the 5K. We are disappointed that there's not a 10K.

Thank you for the info on pre-reg for Tink and the legacy status!

I was so worried that I was missing out on registration - I'm there first think 7/9! :thumbsup2

It will probably be in the 50's when we start, but it quickly warms up once the sun comes up.

Thank you very much, being from Canada I converted that to 10 Celsius. Not too bad for such an early start time.

Midrace what do you think it'll be like? How much does it warm up?

The time before the race will be even cooler. This year, it was in the mid- to upper-40's when the race began, but in the hour or more people had to wait around before the official start it was in the upper 30's. As you said, though, once you start running and the sun comes up, it warms up fast!

Thank you very much!

We are in. My daughter has run several 5k's and we are huge disney fans so really looking forward to this!! I just did MY first 5k this past weekend and have 2 or 3 more planned to do before Jan. It will be myself and my 2 daughters and my ex husband (we are still friendly and do family stuff together). So you can put us down for the 5K.

I do have a question though what do you get for the 65? Is it just reg and a bib or do you get a shirt? I am assuming since it is Disney you have to buy a shirt if you want one but just curious since we haven't done a disney one yet. Thanks. :)

I do have a question though what do you get for the 65? Is it just reg and a bib or do you get a shirt? I am assuming since it is Disney you have to buy a shirt if you want one but just curious since we haven't done a disney one yet. Thanks.

Those of us who ran the DLR 5k last September received t-shirts and finisher medallions, so I assume you will get a shirt. The shirts aren't the quick-dry tech shirts, they are normal cotton or cotton-mix shirts.

Has anyone had a child do the kids' run? I"m thinking about having my 5-yr-old son run the 200 meter run (I think it's the day before Tink). I'm wondering how crowded/hectic it might be and if there are characters on the course.

Thank you very much, being from Canada I converted that to 10 Celsius. Not too bad for such an early start time.

Midrace what do you think it'll be like? How much does it warm up?

Once the sun comes up it quickly warms up to the 60's and possibly the low 70's depending on how long you are on the course. Once you leave the parks there is minimal cover so you are exposed to the sun for the last 7 miles of the race.

FYI - If you are a Disneyland AP holder, on July 5 at 9:00am(PST) you can sign up for the Tinkerbell 1/2 through your account at disney.com

From Disneyland Annual Passport facebook-

Get a head start with a runDisney offer that invites Annual Passholders to sign up early for the 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend! This is your chance to ...put on your imaginary wings and join the Disney fairies and Peter Pan for a magical run through Never Land! Early registration begins at 9am (PST) on Friday, July 5. Space is limited

Hey everyone! Getting closer to registration day!

It does look like there will be a 10km race this year in addition to the 5km and half distance! Yay! Doesn't look like it will be a "challenge" though like the Dumbo Double Dare or the Glass Slipper. Just an additional event.

Just letting everyone know so they can be ready with the credit card when the big day comes!

Quick question for those who have done it in the past - My tentative plan is to fly in Friday AM and out on Monday sometime. How many days did you spend in the park? Trying to decide if I want to buy 3 day PH or 2 day. Did you buy the discount tickets from GET travel? Do those tickets ever sell out?

Quick question for those who have done it in the past - My tentative plan is to fly in Friday AM and out on Monday sometime. How many days did you spend in the park? Trying to decide if I want to buy 3 day PH or 2 day. Did you buy the discount tickets from GET travel? Do those tickets ever sell out?

I usually go all the days that I'm there, but Sat, I'm usually out of the park by 2pm so I can get my feet up and realx a little bit. I get them from Get Travel. Tickets don't sell out, but there is a cut off date to buy them, usually in the month before the race. You can by them still at the expo, but I don't think the discount is as large. One nice option also is that they offer a twilight ticket for the evening if only want to go part of the day.

My friend and I are returning in 2014 for Tink half marathon #3!! This year her sister is joining us for her first half marathon/first Tink! We're excited!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter