timeshare tours for cash

debsway

Earning My Ears
Anyone know of tours that offer cash? We don't need hotel discounts or tickets. Thanks :goodvibes

Last year we did Wyndham palms and received a great breakfast and $100 cash. So we did it again this year for $100 cash, but got there for lunch which consisted of meatballs with brown gravy, corn and rice. It wasn't very appetizing. We also did Westgate for $100 cash. We usually only do one tour a trip, but we left Orlando and then came back, so we did the second one. The Westgate breakfast was great also.

The man at the booth said he also had ORange lake CC for $70 cash, so we decided to save that one for the next trip.

Silver Lake has one for $80 cash. We did it when we stayed there thru SkyAuction. Didn't have much to do one morning (due to the non stop rain :umbrella: ), so we went to the Lobby & aked about it. They set us up for later that same morning/lunch. We ate our free lunch, made our $80 & said no thank you. They weren't very high pressured. By the time we were finished, the rain stopped :flower:

We have done these before for tickets. Next time we are hoping to do one for cash. Does anyone know if you have to be staying in a hotel to participate? I think I remember that as being one of the qualifing questions. We will be staying in our camper at Fort Wilderness. I wonder if that would count?

We were staying on site Disney each time, so you are not required to be staying at the property. They do however, require that you had stayed at a hotel the night before. I guess to keep people from driving down and just doing the tour. It also said residents of certain counties (I'm guessing the local counties) could not do it also.

I mean any one could do the tour, but they wouldn't get the gift.

Lisa :)

Wow. Are any of you posters actually interested in buying these timeshares? If not, don't you think doing tours just for the money (or other gifts) is, well...dishonest?

I know timeshare tours are generally a PITA and the sales people can be mega-pushy, but there's no way I'd do it if I wasn't actually shopping for a timeshare.

DisFlan

It's a basic marketing tool. They know, recognize and encourage people who are not planning to buy to come. It helps them make their numbers. If they get the occasional bonus of being able to persuade someone into a sale, all the better. Most people can't stand the hassle for a couple of tickets. I don't think it is dishonest at all. If the only ones who came were people who were planning on buying, they wouldn't be salespeople, they would be order takers. :flower:

MKCP5 said:
It's a basic marketing tool. They know, recognize and encourage people who are not planning to buy to come. It helps them make their numbers. If they get the occasional bonus of being able to persuade someone into a sale, all the better. Most people can't stand the hassle for a couple of tickets. I don't think it is dishonest at all. If the only ones who came were people who were planning on buying, they wouldn't be salespeople, they would be order takers. :flower:

I can see it if I were trying to decide where I wanted to buy. But not if I knew, upfront and for certain, that I had NO intention of buying anything, anywhere. And I sure wouldn't complain about the quality of the free food.

Everyone needs some kind of hobby. To each his own, I guess.

DisFlan

We enjoy seeing the different timeshares because you never know if you'll stay there in the future and we consider it a nice break in our week. We have been lucky though that we haven't had any real pushy salespersons. I guess because we usually have such good conversations about timeshares in general and we usually end up educating them about timesharing.

While the chances of us probably purchasing is very slim, you just never know.

Like you said to each his own. I just don't understand why if you didn't have anything constuctive to add to the thread, you felt the need to post and be judgemental. But if that is your hobby, then again, to each his own.

NJOYURLIFE said:
We enjoy seeing the different timeshares because you never know if you'll stay there in the future and we consider it a nice break in our week. We have been lucky though that we haven't had any real pushy salespersons. I guess because we usually have such good conversations about timeshares in general and we usually end up educating them about timesharing.

While the chances of us probably purchasing is very slim, you just never know.

Like you said to each his own. I just don't understand why if you didn't have anything constuctive to add to the thread, you felt the need to post and be judgemental. But if that is your hobby, then again, to each his own.

You are absolutely right. I'm sorry I butted in. I was surprised that people do this, and that no one seems to see the other side of it and the ultimate cost to the people who actually bought into the timeshares. (Those freebies aren't free.) In the future, I'll keep my opinion about this to myself.

DisFlan

We own a timeshare at a ski resort here in Virginia. We exchange through RCI. They always ask us to come to their presentations and offer us money. I don't think there is anything wrong with going and taking the money. There are plenty of people who do buy. I wouldn't ever buy a timeshare on the first presentation I went to anyway. You need to look around and make an informed decision.

I never intend to buy a timeshare. But I would rent one! So to go on a tour and see the different properties when I don't actually intend to buy, is that so wrong? I've never been to one yet, but I would go. And I wouldn't feel bad at all about not having any interest in buying :sad2: .

We have done Orange Lakes for $40 and Wyndham Palms for $80. We walk up to the booths and ask if they have any timeshare tours for cash. They tell us what they have and we choose what we want. Debby

I think you can if they have openings. In our case, they booked us for the next day. Debby

everyone has there reasons for doing timeshare tours, whethor its free tickets, cash or to just see the resort & learn more about timesharing.

I do want to mention that it can be very tempting to purchase a timeshare at one of these presentations. And while I am a big advocate of owning timeshares (Our family has been blessed with some realy great vacations due to our timeshares), I do want to advise those that take a tour and find themselves wanting to sign on the dotted line to take a step back and do your research before making any kind of committment. If you are reading these boards, you obviously have some computer knowledge and there is tons of information regarding timeshares and also information on purchasing timeshares on the resale market. Timeshare sales people do their best to get you to sign on the dotted line NOW, TODAY, after a relatively small amount of time spent listening to them. Well, if you were going to purchase a house would you buy it without doing some research first and learning about your different options? I doubt it, so I just want to caution anyone who takes a tour and is interested in timesharing to take the same educational steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter