Timeshare Presentations and kids

Koribelle86

Earning My Ears
To all of you knowledgeable brave people who have attented the timeshare presentations for discounted tickets and such at various resorts I have a question about kids at these presentations. We will be going to Cypress Point resort and want to do a presentation just to get tickets to a dinner show. We have a 5 1/2 year old who is not in any way shy about being around other kids without dear ole Mom and Dad.

Some questions: Is this a long presentation?

Is there a lot of pressure at this resort?

What do you do with the kids, do they have crayons or coloring books?

I hear that some of these resorts have a seperate playroom or game room, which I am not thrilled about however, I don't think my 5 1/2 yr old would mind, especially if there are other kids to play with.....how do those work, have any of you used them?

Any tips/suggestions? Thanks in advance!

We just did a timeshare presentation in January with a 1.5 yo and a 4.5 yo. It was high pressure but we just kept saying no. I think it helped somewhat that our kids were getting antsy too. My son did go to the playroom for a little bit but did not stay. The entire thing was 2 hours (was supposed to be 90 mins).

Our initial person/tour guide was very nice and was no pressure. Then we said no to her and got a guy who told us how great the no money down, no credit check mortgage was. We would only have to give $400 today (this did get tempting, but I still on't see the savings with a timeshare). We said no to him. Then we got the devil in a dress. She said we could leave nothing but $25 today and get some "great travel deals membership". We said no to her and then were treated like we had the plague. It was fine with us and we asked where we could pick up our tickets. I felt a little bad for about 1 hour after that because I felt that I wasted this poor woman's time for free tickets and a great hotel rate.

Upon arrival in MK we got over that and had a great time!

If you think you can handle the emotional stuff, it is a great way to get a great deal! But it is tempting at times to go ahead with it. Just add up the costs. We figure that the hotel is the cheapest part of a Disney vacation so a time share would not benefit us financially.

Good luck - keep us posted!

Koribelle86 said:
To all of you knowledgeable brave people who have attented the timeshare presentations for discounted tickets and such at various resorts I have a question about kids at these presentations. We will be going to Cypress Point resort and want to do a presentation just to get tickets to a dinner show. We have a 5 1/2 year old who is not in any way shy about being around other kids without dear ole Mom and Dad.

Sorry, I just re-read your post and see you would be doing this for tickets to a dinner show. Is that all you will get? My personal opinion is that I would not do it just for a dinner. We ended up with a hotel suite for 2 nights, 2 mornings of breakfast and 2 tickets to one park at WDW for our presentation. It cost us $99 for that. We got this from a link through the Frommers website that said 2 nights and 2 tickets for $99.

But, then again, we are not the dinner show family. It may be worth it to you.

Good luck!

We did one of these timeshare presentations to get theme park tickets once. We have great sales resistance, and with the questions we peppered them with we had no difficulty getting out of there in a reasonable period of time.

We asked to see and review their offering statement. Our home state of NJ often requires timeshare places to provide this upon request.

We asked to see and review printed materials on the exchange company that handled swaps with other timeshares, including a catalog of locations and accommodations.

They hemmed and hawed on producing these items.

We asked to see the contract, and informed them that no deal could be made until we'd had a chance to completely review the terms with our attorney. They tried to tell us they could give us the name of a local attorney, but we insisted it had to be our home attorney in NJ.

They claimed that no one had ever asked for this stuff before, so they didn't have it readily available. We told them that under no circumstances would we be willing to commit such a large sum of money without fully investigating written documents.

As soon as we started to ask for all this 'extra' info, they finally said "Well, I guess we can't help you today. Here are your tickets."

Hi. Cypress Pointe is not a real high pressure pitch. Just keep saying no. As for Kids they usually like them to go to a play room that is supervised just down from the pitch room. Of course you can also say no to that.

marriott gives tickets or Disney gift certificates or Marriott points.

lower pressure and they have a child's play room.

besides it is a Marriott - I just love to go see their resorts!!!! :teeth:

DVC doesn't give anything. Well maybe a lunch certificate at times. but that is all.

but DVC doesn't do the pressure thing. No price coming down, down, down - no if you don't buy today thing.

I also own at Westgate - talk about pressure and more pressure. their sales pitch is definitely hurting the resorts. I do wish owners could take over the resorts - but westgate has made it just about impossible.

Fairfield also has the hard sale. to make you feel bad, believe me, I definitely understand. but I had a timeshares on the gulf already and I didn't need another one!

however the timeshares know that only about 1 out of 8 people will buy. they are definitely going after that 8th one!!!

you can also mention tug - most salespeople claim never to have heard of tug - believe me that definitely have.

just say you belong to tug and never buy from a developer.

Ok. I have a dumb question-what is "tug"?

TUG = Timeshare User Group. It's a great website with wealth of information on those planning to purchase a timeshare property.

BTW, I'd do a low pressure presentation but I couldn't sit through a high pressure presentation for a dinner show tickets. Maybe for 7 days in Hawaii :p

spiceycat said:
.....you can also mention tug - most salespeople claim never to have heard of tug - believe me that definitely have.

just say you belong to tug and never buy from a developer.

We did this our last tour at WyndhamPalms...?? The new one out by the Wild Orchids museum off 192...

Anyway, worked like a charm..in fact our Sales Guide also claimed that all of the owners were so happy, there has never been a resale - so no need for "internet junk room like that"...2 minutes later, we were in the minivan;) $90 in hand:)

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter