Time to Remember Splash Mountain - The Splash-tronaut Photo Thread

GatorChris

Not of This World
Now that I've climbed back from the ledge of the Empire State, I'm calm enough to start talking about and remembering Splash Mountain. I realize it's not gone yet. But with this C19 thing, I'll probably never see it again before the blasted change. So I'd like to start a thread of Splash Mt memories and pictures. Truly, no other ride in the history of Disney has produced better ride pictures than Splash Mt (which again makes me question the sanity of the DisExecs). So I'd like to start the thread with a few things. First, a link to "Ernest goes to Splash Mt". It was a TV special I remember watching as a kid with my family back in 1989.

And now, the start of the greatest photo thread of all time: The Splash Mountain Splash-tronaut Compendium of Awesome Poses. Here's my favorite, with my smallest in the Ewok costume from the Jedi Training. Now it's your turn! Help me remember my all-time favorite ride...RIP

Attachments

• PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneyland_Park_393282169264.jpeg
    PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneyland_Park_393282169264.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for sharing the video. We are a pretty quirky family so we have always laughed at Ernest.

Sharing a few of our Splash Mountain photos from over the years...

My husband and son 2015.

I usually hang out with our daughter who is scared of heights so I seldom end up riding Splash. Love it when I do get the chance... although we usually go in the fall so I really don't miss the getting wet part when it is cold. Anyway, got the whole family on this one in 2016.

My husband and son 2018.

I don't know why they'd get rid of the big drop, so hopefully those great photo ops will still exist. So many great memories; my daughter who is now 20 and a CM used to love riding in the very front when she was 4, before they stopped letting kids ride up there. As far as the ride change, I think it's time. It's a very cute theme but the history is extremely shaky.

How many times in a row did you get to ride? 3?!?
4 times! Once with all 4 of us and then my DH was done. LOL. So I went back with the kids and we rode 3 times in a row without even exiting because no one else was in line. We were trying to go more than that but my youngest had to use the restroom. It was SO fun! They made me practice dab before the big drop (because I had never dabbed before). LOL. :rotfl2:

I don't know why they'd get rid of the big drop, so hopefully those great photo ops will still exist. So many great memories; my daughter who is now 20 and a CM used to love riding in the very front when she was 4, before they stopped letting kids ride up there. As far as the ride change, I think it's time. It's a very cute theme but the history is extremely shaky.

No worries. The track is expected to stay exactly the same, including all the drops. Looking forward to riding the new theme when it happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter