• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Time to grab lunch before Magical Express?

TeamEvansGo

Mouseketeer
Our flight arrives at 11:50am, and we were wanting to grab lunch in the airport before boarding Magical Express to our hotel.

Is that allowed, or do we have to make our way directly to ME?

No rush, also.

OT: Going back to the airport via Magical Express to fly home, if you need to ask (the title question) then the answer is a big no.

You're not assigned to a specific bus for getting from MCO to your hotel. Well, you are in the sense that you can only get on a bus heading to your hotel, but you're not assigned to say a 12:30 bus and if you miss that one you're out of luck. Going back to the airport though, you are assigned to a specific time bus based on your flight time.

This doesn't answer the OP question, but it may be of some use to someone reading this thread. Not sure if this is common or not, but on our return day back to the airport, we just asked a DME driver if we could get on an earlier bus than our 'scheduled' time just to give us some extra time to get through security and it was not a problem at all. I don't think they mind as long as they are not full of people who were originally scheduled on that particular bus. This gave us a better peace of mind and also gave us time to eat lunch at the airport before our flight.

This doesn't answer the OP question, but it may be of some use to someone reading this thread. Not sure if this is common or not, but on our return day back to the airport, we just asked a DME driver if we could get on an earlier bus than our 'scheduled' time just to give us some extra time to get through security and it was not a problem at all. I don't think they mind as long as they are not full of people who were originally scheduled on that particular bus. This gave us a better peace of mind and also gave us time to eat lunch at the airport before our flight.
I would not count on the bolded. It totally depends on how many people are scheduled for that bus (keep in mind the bus might stop at other resorts after you get on). You can always ask DME to schedule you for an earlier bus if you wish, just call them a day ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter