Time off for graduation

DZMike

Desert Storm, OIF, and WDW Veteran
Looking for some advice. College graduation for DS is next weekend and he is scheduled for Sat and Sun at MK. Says nobody will switch or cover his shifts. Managers won't approve time off. What do we do?

Maybe someone else can answer better, but I think he would have to call in. I hate to say it, but I think since One of the requirements for acceptance is full availability, I think that's the only option.

Have him post the shift on the Hub and see if someone takes it. What is he trained for? Maybe someone on the boards will take it. He can give it away until noon the day before.

He could call in personal for both those days, it would be two points on his record card.
That of course is his own judgement call, but if he doesn't have any reprimands or other notations on his record card, two points wouldn't be a very big deal and probably worth making it to his graduation.

He was able to give away both shifts the day before he left. It was touch and go there for a while. WHEW! He flew home Saturday night, graduated Sunday and I dropped him at the airport at 0630 the next morning so that he could be back for his 5PM shift Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter