• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Time off during the CP for medical reasons?

DisneyGirlie

DIS Veteran
Hey all,

I'm going into the college program in June not expecting any time off, other than the standard 2 days a week during the whole program. I'm certainly not going in expecting to take vacation days. Today I found out though that I might need a small dental procedure in about 5 months that I might need to take 1-2 extra days off that week for so I can go home and get it done. An oral surgeon isn't really something you can transfer to an oral surgeon down there since they know your specific situation. Maybe a regular physician you could, but this not so much. Does anyone know how this works? Is it absolutely unacceptable?

You could just request those days off the normal way, right? On the Hub once you get down there? No guarantees or anything that way but if you know the exact date and request those days off as soon as your CP starts you have as good a chance as any. If not you can try giving those shifts away.

Beautybutafunnygirl, congrats on BBB! Are you already there? If you have any questions, I was a CP at DTD and I still work there!

If it's just 1-2 days off, no prob. Request them off on the hub as soon as you can (better chances!) and if you end up getting scheduled anyways, I'm sure you could find someone to cover your shift.

Thanks for the advice. I figure if it's planned it should be okay. My campus college program advisor lady told me a horror story about a girl who unexpectedly couldn't make it into her shift because of strep and because it took her a few days to get a doctor's note to her boss or whoever, she left on very bad terms. She wasn't terminated from the program, but the advisor told me she wouldn't be invited back again. I love Disney, but they sound so strict that it is very intimidating. I mean what if I woke up one day sick? Oh well, I'm hoping for the best.

DisneyGirlie, I'm betting that probably wasn't the whole story. I would think that if she had a doctors note they would let it slide. I'm betting it was more a of a no call, no show and then she thought better of it and got a doctors note.

I'm sure they'll be accommodating!

Very true-
I'm not sure I believe everything my campus adult advisor DCP lady says. At a meeting, I knew more answers to stuff than she did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter