• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tidbits from the New York Post

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
The New York Post reported Michael Eisner has a year to whip Disney into shape ? or find himself another job.

The Post cited a source close to the Disney board of directors, who stated that the board will give Eisner 12 months to turn things around at the media company before talking job termination.

The Post also reported that two influential Disney investors are trying to recruit a replacement for Eisner.

Disney stock, along with other major media stocks, has been sagging in recent months, as the tourism industry remains in a slump. That, in turn, has impacted attendance at theme parks, including Orlando's Walt Disney World. And Disney-owned ABC has been trailing badly in the ratings.

Sprinkling salt on this open wound was UBS Warburg, which on Sept. 16 cut its price target for Disney stock to $15 from $18. The reason: A potential war with Iraq could further slow down visits to theme parks.

This means one thing people, cut backs. And like non you've seen before.....

I think a lot of people have taken all they are going to take. So I could also see this as the beginning of the end, (or just sliding down the tubes faster and farther) if not handled right.
Remember just a few steps away from junk bonds.

Originally posted by Testtrack321
This means one thing people, cut backs. And like non you've seen before.....

Speculating, Mole? Or just trying to rile people up?

I mean ... you say it like you mean it and like you have inside info from somewhere, but I'm thinking you just like to watch people start slamming Eisner and going off about how they're not going to take it any more. I suppose that's a fun spectator sport, but change HAS been known to be good too ....

Originally posted by WDSearcher
Speculating, Mole? Or just trying to rile people up?

I mean ... you say it like you mean it and like you have inside info from somewhere, but I'm thinking you just like to watch people start slamming Eisner and going off about how they're not going to take it any more. I suppose that's a fun spectator sport, but change HAS been known to be good too ....

I've heard from other boards and people that esiner said that price cuts were in store. I was one of the early ones to rejoice, but just recently last evening, I went into schock and dispare of the future.

Also, my close friends call me Mole, so your post cought my attention...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter