• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

tickets off Ebay?

Bobrow

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever purchased tickets for Universal(for that matter WDW),on Ebay?I see that people are selling unused days and wonder how reliable that would be. I have only one day to spend at US,but would like to do a couple rides at IOA,but don't want to buy a 2 day pass for full price.Thanks

Originally posted by Bobrow
Has anyone ever purchased tickets for Universal(for that matter WDW),on Ebay?I see that people are selling unused days and wonder how reliable that would be. I have only one day to spend at US,but would like to do a couple rides at IOA,but don't want to buy a 2 day pass for full price.Thanks

It comes with a BIG risk because the passes are magnetic strip coded so there is no way to know by looking at it if there are actually any days left at all. You will only know when you get to the turnstile and have it reject it. They sell discount tickets and unused days at booths and stands all over the place too, and they've done numerous stories on the horror stories of people getting to the park to find their passes aren't legit.
Technically, the passes are non-transferable anyway I believe.

So you could take a chance...and it might be fine...but if it's not, you're out of luck.
Sometimes you really do get what you paid for...
Karen

I have both bought and sold tickets on eBay (I now just buy an extra day at WDW with the intent of selling it.) I have a very high positive feedback rating though without any negative feedback. Like all eBay transactions, it takes a great deal of trust and knowledge about the seller. I would only buy from someone with a high feedback seller and who also does not appear to be in "the business" of selling tickets (I would want someone's own leftover days rather than tour group or brokered tickets.) Frankly, if you don't find someone with a high feedback rating and you have one yourself, the better option is for you to buy a multi-day ticket without immediate expiration and then be the seller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter