If I buy a 6 day ticket but decide I want to add another day when I arrive, can I add the extra day. Also, will it just cost me the same 19 dollars more that it would if I got 7 days now or would it be full price. Thanks

Hello!

I know the best rule is to buy your tickets and make reservations as far ahead as you can..

But if we were thinking about going June 26-29 how terrible of an idea is it to wait until April?

We will be buying tickets through Shades of Green.

I think you'll be fine, but I would make the reservations as soon as you get your tickets just to be safe. We were there the 3rd week of June last summer and by early June (maybe a little earlier), DHS was sold out every day that week, EP was sold out most of the days (GoTG had just opened), and MK was sold out a few of the days. I wouldn't be surprised if MK sells out most days this summer due to Tron opening. I had made our park reservations in January, so we were ok and got the parks we wanted on the days we wanted (or at least the days we wanted when we were planning 6 months before we arrived. :D ). We also had parkhoppers so at least we could hop to a park even if it was sold out.

If I buy a 6 day ticket but decide I want to add another day when I arrive, can I add the extra day. Also, will it just cost me the same 19 dollars more that it would if I got 7 days now or would it be full price. Thanks
You can add the 7th day anytime before your ticket is used up, including on the day you use the 6th day, UNLESS any dates covered by your ticket have "sold out" of theme park reservations. If that happens, WDW hasn't been allowing upgrades (adding a day). The price will be the difference between the current 7-day minus the value of your 6-day when you bought it. So it might be $19, but could be more if a price increase happens between when you bought your ticket and when you do the upgrade.

I bought my tickets direct from Disney in December, before the price increase. I was considering upgrading to a park hopper, thinking I would only have to pay the difference between the current non-hop tickets and the hoppers. But based on comments on another thread, I may actually have to pay for both the regular ticket price increase and the hoppers? Is that right??

I bought my tickets direct from Disney in December, before the price increase. I was considering upgrading to a park hopper, thinking I would only have to pay the difference between the current non-hop tickets and the hoppers. But based on comments on another thread, I may actually have to pay for both the regular ticket price increase and the hoppers? Is that right??
I believe along with the base ticket price increase back in December WDW also made hopping a variable cost by date. So I don't think you can just add hopper without the full price increase because it's no longer a flat charge.

I believe along with the base ticket price increase back in December WDW also made hopping a variable cost by date. So I don't think you can just add hopper without the full price increase because it's no longer a flat charge.
Oh, FFS! I specifically bought from Disney instead of UT specifically to avoid that sort of double-upcharge!

Ticket question.
We currently live in New York and have a trip in May. We have 5-day tickets with hoppers. We are actually moving to Florida in about a month, which will give us the option to upgrade to the Pixie Dust Pass.
From what I understand, to upgrade we just pay the difference between what our tickets cost and what the pass costs. My question is what happens if our tickets cost more than than the pass does? Do we just upgrade for no charge? I'm sure Disney doesn't refund the difference back to us.

We are heading down to Disney the end of this week. My husband has a three day park hopper ticket. If he only uses 2 days will the other day stay as credit or will he lose the day? Thanks

We are heading down to Disney the end of this week. My husband has a three day park hopper ticket. If he only uses 2 days will the other day stay as credit or will he lose the day? Thanks
He will loose the day unless these are non expiration tickets that he bought a long time ago. Disney stopped selling these in 2004. I believe between 2004 and 2014 guests could pay extra to add an non-expiration clause to tickets.

Newly purchased three day park hoppers are good for five days after first use. Maybe save that one for another time if you think you would be interested in using a three day hopper at another time and just buy what you need for this trip?

Last edited:
My parents have old Non expiring tickets on their accounts, and I used those to book their park passes for our upcoming trip. But now they have decided to buy 7 day non hoppers to use and save the non expiring tickets for short 1-2 day trips where they will also hop. Will it be a problem if I buy and link them new tickets now from undercover tourist and they use those tickets for this trip instead of the ones that were on their account that allowed me to choose their park passes a few weeks ago? Our trip is around Easter and passes are selling out, so if I would have to re-book it could be a problem. I feel like it will be ok, but want to make sure and avoid a major problem when we get there if in fact it is an issue.

My parents have old Non expiring tickets on their accounts, and I used those to book their park passes for our upcoming trip. But now they have decided to buy 7 day non hoppers to use and save the non expiring tickets for short 1-2 day trips where they will also hop. Will it be a problem if I buy and link them new tickets now from undercover tourist and they use those tickets for this trip instead of the ones that were on their account that allowed me to choose their park passes a few weeks ago? Our trip is around Easter and passes are selling out, so if I would have to re-book it could be a problem. I feel like it will be ok, but want to make sure and avoid a major problem when we get there if in fact it is an issue.
They are attached to specific set of tickets in a person's name. ie you will have to rebook everything if new tickets are purchased.

I currently have 6 day hoppers I bought for my son and his friend through UT. I need to upgrade them to 7 day. I have already added them into MDE, and it does NOT give me any option at all to upgrade them online. I call UT, and their option for me was to BUY a single one day ticket! Crazy, or refund the 6 day and buy the 7. They said DIsney could do it, but then I would lose their refund policy. Which is fine, but Disney won't do it! But I bought them when they had a sale, so I just wanted to upgrade. I would do it at the park when we get there, but worried that I wont' be able to add park reservations, as they will be sold out. So, trying to be proactive. When I call Disney, they tell me the only way to do it is to go back to UT. Any suggestions? I know I have done it before, but not sure why it won't let me do it now. Thanks!

Any suggestions? I know I have done it before, but not sure why it won't let me do it now.
Usually it can be done through MDE -- did you try both the app and the website? Sometimes one or the other glitches.

Another thought... when did you buy from UT? If it was before the latest price increase (early Dec.) -- you'll want to check the cost to upgrade. It could be a lot more expensive than just $25ish.

Usually it can be done through MDE -- did you try both the app and the website? Sometimes one or the other glitches.

Another thought... when did you buy from UT? If it was before the latest price increase (early Dec.) -- you'll want to check the cost to upgrade. It could be a lot more expensive than just $25ish.
I bought them in February. Tried both app and online. And the lady at Disney couldn't do it either. If it wasn't for park reservations, I wouldn't care. But worried that a Saturday at the MK will disappear for that day.

I bought them in February. Tried both app and online. And the lady at Disney couldn't do it either. If it wasn't for park reservations, I wouldn't care. But worried that a Saturday at the MK will disappear for that day.
Could it be due to park availability? I know they restrict ticket sales when all park reservations are full but MDE is only showing some parks being full, not all.

but worried that I wont' be able to add park reservations, as they will be sold out.

I don't think there's been a day when all PP reservations have been sold out for all parks yet, so if you can't upgrade till you get there I'd probably book reservations for all my days except an AK/Epcot day since you'll probably be able to add that when you are on-site.

Good luck!

Could it be due to park availability? I know they restrict ticket sales when all park reservations are full but MDE is only showing some parks being full, not all.
nope, fully open right now. I dont even get the option to look at it to upgrade or make any changes to the ticket.

I would recommend calling Disney IT and seeing if they can possibly help you. Much better to spend time now rather than when you're on your vacation. 1-407-939-4357.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter