Are you saying that regardless of whether I used the golf benefit that AP will not have, as long as it costs more, I’m fine?
Nope.
In specific regard to the KIND of upgrade allowed...
Traditionally (for many years) if you used a "premium asset" from a ticket, you could not upgrade that ticket to an AP that did not include that "premium asset."

So just as an FYI. I attempted to upgrade my May 2022 tix that were originally May 2020 tickets purchased through UT. It appears I am going to be able to do it, however I asked to pay the balance with my Disney giftcards and currently the system is on day three of "Magical Enhancements" (in other words they're still experiencing a glitch with the giftcard payments )and they can't accept giftcards to pay the balance...So, I now have to call back every couple days to be able to finish the upgrade and make payment. I'm not worried as I think it will all be doable just have to be patient. Luckily my first trip isn't until April.
i didn’t realize they were having problems with accepting gift card payments. Guess that means I will have to upgrade at the park this coming week.
“Magical enhancements” is the technical term for “it broke Thursday and IT hasn’t fixed it”

I was also able to upgrade my partially used UT ticket to a Sorcerer Pass over the phone. The APs were announced while I was down in FL, but I left before they went on sale. GR basically told me my tickets had to be upgraded in person, which wasn't possible since I live in the NE. I also got very lucky with a CM over the phone who was willing to do the upgrade. My new APs are backdated to the first day of use (as they should be).

Wow, it hadn't expired yet?

Nope.
In specific regard to the KIND of upgrade allowed...
Traditionally (for many years) if you used a "premium asset" from a ticket, you could not upgrade that ticket to an AP that did not include that "premium asset."

Ugh. Bad news. Even if I add the plus with the golf for the $99? I’m so stressed over how to do all this.

for 4 day ticket- how far into the future can I push them out to use? Or can I get a refund?

No refund for non-package tickets. You can push it out as far as Dec. 2022 at this point. Or you can hold the credit indefinitely.

Ugh. Bad news. Even if I add the plus with the golf for the $99?
Sorry, I don't understand your question.
-------
Here's how it works:
A. If you have a ticket that DOES offer "plus" assets:
And, you do the upgrade BEFORE you actually use any "plus" asset, you can upgrade to any AP level.
But, if you do the upgrade AFTER you actually use any "plus" asset, you can only upgrade to an AP level that also offers that "plus" asset.

B. If you have a ticket that does NOT offer "plus" assets:
You can upgrade to any AP level.

So, if you want to upgrade to a AP that does NOT offer "plus" assets,
do not use any "plus" assets on the original ticket before you upgrade.

It does not matter what kind of ticket that you HAVE before you upgrade.
It matters if you actually USE any "plus" asset before you upgrade.

And, (for example) let's say that you paid $25 extra for a "plus" asset(s.)
When you upgrade that ticket (having not used any "plus" asset) you will get the
extra $25 discounted from the new AP upgrade price.

Last edited:
You aren’t understanding or I’m not being ckear. In previous years, the benefits were built into the level of AP. If you didn’t want “plus”, you bought silver. If you did, you bought gold or whatever they were called. Now, there are the names pass levels but you can also add various things into the pass such as plus. That’s why I’m confused. The golf will be played prior to upgrade using the 4 day pass. The pixie Dust AP doesn’t include golf therefore, the passes don’t “match”. But I can add golf (plus perks) yo pixie dust by paying for the add on. I’m wondering if he can buy pixie dust and add plus or if they’ll tell him that he can’t buy pixie dust at all because he used plus perks of golf.

You aren’t understanding or I’m not being ckear. In previous years, the benefits were built into the level of AP. If you didn’t want “plus”, you bought silver. If you did, you bought gold or whatever they were called. Now, there are the names pass levels but you can also add various things into the pass such as plus. That’s why I’m confused.

1. The golf will be played prior to upgrade using the 4 day pass.

The pixie Dust AP doesn’t include golf therefore, the passes don’t “match”.

2. But I can add golf (plus perks) yo pixie dust by paying for the add on.
3. I’m wondering if he can buy pixie dust and add plus or if they’ll tell him that he can’t buy pixie dust at all because he used plus perks of golf.
As I said, I don't understand the question.

1. Why? Why wait to upgrade until after he's played the golf?
Why not upgrade to AP immediately. (Adding the golf option, if you like.)
2. Yes. Do that, if that's what you want.
3. If you upgrade before golfing, there's no issue about using the original ticket asset.

Sigh. Because our trip is from 9/28-10/4. We can’t upgrade until AFTER I use the tickets that weekend for my MK and Epcot 10/1, 10/2, 10/3 reservations (since it’s a weekend and that will be blocked on on Pixie dust pass). Due to our plans, my husband needs to play golf on 9/29, 9/30, 10/2. You are missing the question. Just forget it.

Sigh. Because our trip is from 9/28-10/4. We can’t upgrade until AFTER I use the tickets that weekend for my MK and Epcot 10/1, 10/2, 10/3 reservations (since it’s a weekend and that will be blocked on on Pixie dust pass). Due to our plans, my husband needs to play golf on 9/29, 9/30, 10/2. You are missing the question. Just forget it.
Why not just upgrade to Pixie Pass on 10/4? If you're short a day on the park tickets for 10/4, just upgrade to one more day on each ticket and that day will be applied to your AP either way, you're not losing value and getting the dates you want.

I’ll try this one more time:

we have 4 day tickets. 1 is regular, 1 has Plus. Our trip dates are 9/28-10/4.

we have had reservations for months for the 50th including MK between 10/1-10/3. I do not want to give those days up. Those weekend days are blocked out on the AP we want to upgrade to.

therefore, I can’t upgrade to the Pixie Dust annual pass prior to 10/3 or I won’t be allowed in for my 50th weekend reservations.

My plan IS to upgrade to AP on 10/4 which is a Monday and the last use day on the 4 day ticket.

the only potential issue I’ve read is with my husband’s Plus ticket since he will be playing golf during 9/28-10/3, thus using the “Plus” of the ticket.

the Pixie Dust AP does not include golf. Typically, this is the issue and might not be allowed. However, you can pay $99 to add Plus to the Pixie Dust pass. But since that’s an add on and not a ticket type, I’m not sure what will happen

As I said, I don't understand the question.

1. Why? Why wait to upgrade until after he's played the golf?
Why not upgrade to AP immediately. (Adding the golf option, if you like.)
2. Yes. Do that, if that's what you want.
3. If you upgrade before golfing, there's no issue about using the original ticket asset.

I think I get his question. Under the new pass levels - there are technically NO APs anymore that offer plus assets - they're separate add ons. So let's say he golfs and walks into guest services and says "what AP can I upgrade this ticket to?" What will their answer be? The way I see it there are only two choices - either (a) they allow an upgrade to any more expensive AP since there are no APs that inherently have those "plus" options or (2) they allow upgrade to any AP but only if you purchase the $99 add on as well. Do we have a definitive answer on this yet? That being said - I agree if this is the plan no reason not to upgrade before golfing.

“That being said - I agree if this is the plan no reason not to upgrade before golfing.”

😂 is someone punking me?!? Again, my reason is VERY clearly stated. We will be there 9/28-10/4. We NEED to retain the 4 day tickets until 10/4 so I can still use 3 Park days for 10/1,10/2, 10/3. So, our only option is to upgrade on very last day- 10/4. By then trip mostly over so golf entitlements and 3 park days will have already been used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter