I was also able to upgrade my partially used UT ticket to a Sorcerer Pass over the phone. The APs were announced while I was down in FL, but I left before they went on sale. GR basically told me my tickets had to be upgraded in person, which wasn't possible since I live in the NE. I also got very lucky with a CM over the phone who was willing to do the upgrade. My new APs are backdated to the first day of use (as they should be).

I reported in the other thread that I was able to upgrade my UT tickets. I paid 520.82 each for my 5 day base tickets, and Disney gave me 550.24 discounted from the Incredipass. Not a huge savings, but I'll take it. I called the passholder line, and was placed in a call back queue from ticketing.

I reported in the other thread that I was able to upgrade my UT tickets. I paid 520.82 each for my 5 day base tickets, and Disney gave me 550.24 discounted from the Incredipass. Not a huge savings, but I'll take it. I called the passholder line, and was placed in a call back queue from ticketing.
That is good to hear. Honestly, I'm okay if I don't save money by upgrading my UT tickets. But I'd be really upset if I actually lost money by only receiving credit for the price that UT paid for the tickets.

But I'd be really upset if I actually lost money by only receiving credit for the price that UT paid for the tickets.
Be sure to start the discussion by asking "how much to upgrade..." and if the CM quotes something that doesn't sound right, just say "no thanks" and try again at another time/another location. Unfortunately, for years there have been occasional reports of someone getting a CM who doesn't know how to properly upgrade tickets from a third-party. I think it's an issue of an untrained or poorly-trained CM.

[QUO
Be sure to start the discussion by asking "how much to upgrade..." and if the CM quotes something that doesn't sound right, just say "no thanks" and try again at another time/another location. Unfortunately, for years there have been occasional reports of someone getting a CM who doesn't know how to properly upgrade tickets from a third-party. I think it's an issue of an untrained or poorly-trained CM.
Thank you for the advice! I have actually done this several times when upgrading in the parks - often getting a CM who didn't know how to bridge the ticket and either asking for a supervisor or visiting another Guest Services. But I was always armed with the knowledge of policy. My concern now is that Disney has changed the policy (as they have changed so many things as of late). I'm hoping to determine if the unfortunate outcome was a matter of mistake or new policy. If the latter, I'll probably return my UT tickets. I'm truly not certain if we will decide to upgrade to APs, which is why I purchased the tickets rather than APs. But I don't want to risk losing money.

Thank you for the advice! I have actually done this several times when upgrading in the parks - often getting a CM who didn't know how to bridge the ticket and either asking for a supervisor or visiting another Guest Services. But I was always armed with the knowledge of policy. My concern now is that Disney has changed the policy (as they have changed so many things as of late). I'm hoping to determine if the unfortunate outcome was a matter of mistake or new policy. If the latter, I'll probably return my UT tickets. I'm truly not certain if we will decide to upgrade to APs, which is why I purchased the tickets rather than APs. But I don't want to risk losing money.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I had already added my UT tickets to MDE. I was never asked where I bought my tickets from, and it always showed in MDE as 5 day tickets.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I had already added my UT tickets to MDE. I was never asked where I bought my tickets from, and it always showed in MDE as 5 day tickets.
I've already done that too and paid to upgrade them to use in May 2022 (were originally from May 2020) so I think if I were to have an issue it would have already happened when I called to upgrade them to my new May dates.

Was looking at the AP's on the Disney World website. There is a note that you have to take a certificate to a ticket booth or guest services to get your AP card before first use. Is that true? I was thinking of upgrading my 4 day hopper to an AP over the phone before we leave next week. But if you have to do redeem that certificate and go to a booth anyway, I will just wait to do the upgrade in person.

I also read that other post of the person going to guest services and not getting their tickets bridged. I also bought tickets from a reseller and on Monday I called and was able to upgrade my tickets to a Sorcerer Pass. They did bridge my ticket so I might have gotten lucky.

Or more likely the first person had a CM that didn't know what they were doing . . .

What number is the correct number to call to upgrade parkhopper's, unused, to a Sorcerer pass? We are DVC members.

Not sure if this is the forum for this. I am going to our purchase one day park hopper p,us tickets for April. My husband and daughter are going in park while my son and I stay back. If they use their bands to get in, can my son and I use the plastic card (ticket sent in mail) to use the “fun” option like mini golf? do they care we aren’t the ticket holders for golf? Do they have finger scans at mini golf?

Not sure if this is the forum for this. I am going to our purchase one day park hopper p,us tickets for April. My husband and daughter are going in park while my son and I stay back. If they use their bands to get in, can my son and I use the plastic card (ticket sent in mail) to use the “fun” option like mini golf? do they care we aren’t the ticket holders for golf? Do they have finger scans at mini golf?
Tickets are non-transferrable once used; it belongs to the individual who first used the ticket. No, you and your son cannot use your husband and daughter's Plus options. Skip the Plus if those individuals won't be using it and buy the mini-golf admissions. While biometric (finger) scanning was not in place for the past year, it's my understanding that has returned.

So just as an FYI. I attempted to upgrade my May 2022 tix that were originally May 2020 tickets purchased through UT. It appears I am going to be able to do it, however I asked to pay the balance with my Disney giftcards and currently the system is on day three of "Magical Enhancements" (in other words they're still experiencing a glitch with the giftcard payments )and they can't accept giftcards to pay the balance...So, I now have to call back every couple days to be able to finish the upgrade and make payment. I'm not worried as I think it will all be doable just have to be patient. Luckily my first trip isn't until April.

So just as an FYI. I attempted to upgrade my May 2022 tix that were originally May 2020 tickets purchased through UT. It appears I am going to be able to do it, however I asked to pay the balance with my Disney giftcards and currently the system is on day three of "Magical Enhancements" (in other words they're still experiencing a glitch with the giftcard payments )and they can't accept giftcards to pay the balance...So, I now have to call back every couple days to be able to finish the upgrade and make payment. I'm not worried as I think it will all be doable just have to be patient. Luckily my first trip isn't until April.

i didn’t realize they were having problems with accepting gift card payments. Guess that means I will have to upgrade at the park this coming week.

i didn’t realize they were having problems with accepting gift card payments. Guess that means I will have to upgrade at the park this coming week.
Yeah. It was very confusing because the CM was saying "we're experiencing Magical Enhancements which make us unable to verify that the giftcard has enough money on it". I had just bought them online through Target so there were definitely funds on it. She said due to Magical Enhancements they couldn't process giftcards but they were going to express to "them" that their guests needed to be able to do so as soon as possible. She was being so confusing that I had to finally say "so the bottom line is right now there's a glitch in the system that makes it so you can't process giftcard payments and I'll have to try again another day?" and her response was "I've never experienced Vanellope before but yes"??????? I think she was being intentionally vague because she was worried about being yelled at but I always go out of my way to be patient and understanding...maybe that's what the Vanellope comment was about?

I have 4 day tickets that I was planning to use over 50th weekend then upgrade to lowest FL resident pass on Monday 10/3. However, just realizing husbands ticket has the plus so that he could plan to play golf. If he uses the golf benefit, I’m guessing he won’t be able to upgrade to lowest AP? Please confirm.

I have 4 day tickets that I was planning to use over 50th weekend then upgrade to lowest FL resident pass on Monday 10/3. However, just realizing husbands ticket has the plus so that he could plan to play golf.

If he uses the golf benefit, I’m guessing he won’t be able to upgrade to lowest AP? Please confirm.
That's how it has been over the years.

A remedy (if you both want the basic AP) would be to do the AP upgrades as soon as you arrive.
Your upgrade cost will include (be reduced by) the extra amount you paid for the "plus" on his ticket.
Then, pay for the golf out of pocket.

Last edited:
That's how it has been over the years.

A remedy (if you both want the basic AP) would be to do the AP upgrades as soon as you arrive.
Your upgrade cost will include (be reduced by) the extra amount you paid for the "plus" on his ticket.
Then, pay for the golf out of pocket.
I’m seeing the plus (golf) add on for the pixie dust pass in only $99 so I guess I can still upgrade to pixie dust pass but pay the extra $99 for golf?

I’m seeing the plus (golf) add on for the pixie dust pass in only $99 so I guess I can still upgrade to pixie dust pass but pay the extra $99 for golf?
To which ticket or AP you upgrade is up to you.
Disney considers any ticket that costs MORE (or the same as) the original ticket as an "upgrade."
If you happen to want a ticket that costs LESS than the original ticket,
that is very often allowed, but there is "officially" no change returned to the guest.
(But, sometimes a CM will offer the remaining difference price returned on a Disney gift card.)

It never hurts to "ask nicely" for whatever you'd like to arrange.

So it has nothing to do with benefits used avd not matching the new ticket? We have 4 day passes that cost me around $275 and $325 respectively. Mine is just basic his has golf add on. The pixie dust pass should only be $100 more. Are you saying that regardless of whether I used the golf benefit that AP will not have, as long as it costs more, I’m fine?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter